Chapter 6 - The Butcher

A/N:

Guys, I need help! I'd really like the last names of all of the kidnapped kids. I know Sang and the boys, Williams, Winchester. I'm totally stumped with the rest, so if you know them from canon, or we don't know but there are ones you see used a lot in fan fics, I'd love to know for writing the next chapter.

(I'm really bad with making up names, so you may be introduced to Jer Jerrington or Greg Gregson at some point if I don't get any suggestions)

I'm sorry this has been so slow, fourth year is crazy 😭

(P.S. don't beat me georgie-oso, I'm still studying, I swear)

My records indicate that you enjoy me killing off characters

I do too.
I'll be taking that under advisement.
😇

***

       Mike's body stayed exactly where it was.

       Of course he couldn't get up, I wasn't that naive. Eventually I had understood that he was well and truly dead, and that there was nothing we could do to bring him back.

       It was quite a few hours more before the boys informed me that no one would be risking their lives to retrieve him. He would lay, crumpled on the stairs where he'd been slain, until the seventh day when it would be safe to descend.

       He would be lying there, slowly beginning the inevitable process of decomposition. There was no life in him, and so he would start to rot and decay, like Autumn leaves, until there was nothing left but bone.

       Not that it would be a quick process, but we would be present for every awful minute of it.

       I just couldn't stop seeing his face.

       The smiles that stretched his lips.

       Blood bubbling from slackened lips.

       The laughter that lit his eyes.

       Blood seeping from vacant eyes.

       It played in a reel of memories and images, scattered and fragmented so that he seemed to exist in my mind as both dead and alive at once. A tiny part of me still expected to have imagined the whole thing, and he'd just come ambling around a corner.

       After it happened, I'd shaken so hard and grown so cold that it felt like I'd have shattered and fallen to pieces if Luke hadn't been holding me together while Gabriel ran his warm hands up and down my arms.

       Shock, Kota had helpfully supplied, I was in shock.

       Once the shock faded, I felt numb, quiet. I didn't want to talk to the boys or answer their questions. Or maybe I did. Listening to their voices brought me a sense of comfort, I just couldn't think straight enough to respond. I'd never felt so drained, physically and emotionally.