Chapter 1.

A young boy with short, straight black hair and ocean blue eyes swam in the swimming pool as he recalled some memories of the amazing relay he swam with some of his great friends.
Nanase Haruka, slipped his swimming cap and goggles off in one swift move as he tried catching his breath. His eyes stared at the water with adoration.

A hand was stretched in front of the boy.

"Good Morning, Haru-chan." Two voices called out. He looked up only to meet the faces of his two childhood friends. Tachibana Makoto, who had short olive-brown hair and droopy green eyes that shone with kindness.

(Last Name) (First Name), a young girl with h/c coloured hair and beautiful e/c coloured eyes, looked down at the boy in the pool with a smile gracing her face.

"I told you two not to call me 'Haru-chan' didn't I?" Haruka replied with a slight frown on his face.

"Sorry, Sorry, Haru." Makoto apologised to one of his best friends.

"Sorry, Haruka." You tease your best friend. Haruka gave a shook of the head.

"We're going to the entrance ceremony." You told the boy as he finally took hold of Makoto's hand, who pulled him out of the pool.

Makoto and yourself waited outside the locker room for your best friend to change into his school uniform.

"He can't stay out of the water, it's so cute." You giggled at Makoto who nodded in reply.

Inside the locker room, Haruka was buttoning his blazer in peace. Except that he absolutely hated collars. He fumbled with the collar, thinking of buttoning it but left it open. That hassle was for some other day.

Haruka fixed his appearance as he stepped outside of the locker room, looking at the friends who waited for him. Green eyes landed on the boy's collar as he stepped in to close it properly.

"Haru, no. You have to close the collar." Makoto said as he buttoned up Haruka's collar.

"I don't want to." Haruka then opened the button once more. Makoto gave a sigh.

"Come on, Haru. You know you have to." You then proceeded to button the boy's collar again who didn't unbutton the collar this time.

"You're lucky, you have to wear a skirt, (Name)." Haruka added.

"Yeah, but have you seen this bow? It's killing me." You pouted.

Makoto gave a thumbs up. The three of you walked outside and started walking towards your new middle school.

"It's uncomfortable." Haruka stated pointing at the collar.

"You'll get used to it soon." Makoto replied, a smile on his face.

"You can unbutton it after the entrance ceremony, Haru." You suggest.

The black haired boy nodded, liking the idea.

"D-Don't give him those ideas!" Makoto put a hand on his head.

The three of you walked, staring at the cherry blossom trees. You sighed happily as a petal fell onto the palm of your hand.

"How did you two know where to find me?" Haruka questioned.

"We know everything about you, Haru." Makoto gave the boy another smile.

Haruka's eyes lit up for a second in surprise.

"...Is what we want to say.." You completed Makoto's sentence.

"Well, we actually asked your mom." Makoto answered sheepishly.

"Oh."

"Haru, (Name), are you two going to join any clubs? I (boku)-Ah..I (ore) haven't decided yet." The boy coughed into his hand.

Haruka and Yourself looked at Makoto with confusion.

"Ore?"

"What's with the 'ore'? Makoto?" You asked the taller male.

"Ah, since I'm a middle schooler, I was thinking of calling myself 'ore' now." He explained.

Haruka turned his head to the side, feeling a bit uncomfortable while you mouthed a "Oh."

"I still haven't thought of a good hairstyle yet." You pout as you touch your h/c locks.

"Now, Now, you always look pretty cute, (Name), but I'm sure you'll find one hairstyle soon that you'll love." Makoto assured the girl.

You nod at the boy.

Haruka fumbled with his collar once again, clearly annoyed with it. A soft breeze blew around the three of you.

You grabbed onto your skirt as the wind blew. Cherry blossom petals surrounded the three friends. Makoto let out an noise of amazement.

You sneezed as one of the petals came in contact with your nose.

Haruka looked up at the sky, his eyes sparkling as he saw a hawk fly into the air, a feather falling as he grabbed hold of it, clutching it gently.

"We should get going, boys." The girl ushered them. With a nod the three now turned middle schoolers made their way to Iwatobi Middle School.

They attended the entrance ceremony and searched the bulletin board trying to find their names and classroom.

Haruka struggled to find his name in the crowd of students, realising he was too short. He looked over his shoulder to see (Name), who only reached a little bit above his shoulder, trying to look for the same, only to fail due to her short height.

She pouted and shrugged her shoulders to the boy with ocean blue eyes. He motioned her to come stand beside him, which she did.

"Oh! There I am. I'm in class 2." Makoto spoke up after fmding his name written on the board.

"Can you two not see? Don't worry. Let's see...Oh! Haru, (Name), you two are in class 1.." Makoto ended sadly.

Haruka's eyes widened and while the h/c coloured hair girl looked down at her feet, feeling terrible.

"We're in different classes.."

"We're neighbouring classes, meaning we'll see each other in combined classes." Haruka closed his eyes.

"And P.E, too!" The short girl chirped.

The two boys nodded.

"Well, that's true-"

"Tachibana!" A boy jumped on Makoto.

Haruka and You recognised that boy from primary school.

"Ah, Michizuki-kun?"

"We're in class 2!" The boy announced.

"Oh. Really?" Makoto smiled at the boy.

"Yep! We haven't been in the same class since third grade!"
Haruka frowned before he grabbed onto you hand.

"Let's go, (Name)."

"H-Huh? But-"

"Haru, (Name), wait!" But the two of you were already gone and were headed off to your classroom, 1-1.

Alright. First chapter is up! I really love Free! I'm gonna do the rest of the seasons too! Of course, the reader will be there as well. See you~.

30.8.18