Chapter 10

"Today is the tournament. Your scores today will set pace for the whole year. Now, let's do cheer." Natsuya tells the members leniently.
"Yes!"
"Iwatobi..fight!"
"Yeah!" Everyone raises their fists in the air.

"Your relay is soon. Think you can do it?" Natsuya questions the first years.
"Yes!" Everyone said but Haruka.
"Haruka?" Nao looks at the boy.
"The relay I swam in elementary school..It was too important to (Name), Makoto and I. That's why I didn't have any intention to swim with the other members in the relay."
"And?"
"But that's changed a little now. I want to swim a relay with these members." Haruka ends.
You all smile.
"Yeah, go try hard."
"You'll definitely win!"
"Yes!"
"Alright, let's go!" Asahi runs with excitement.
"If you're too excited, you'll fall, stupid Asahi." Ikuya scoffs.
You giggle at him.
"It's because of moments like these I can't stop teaching." Nao tells Natsuya.
"That's fine too but hurry back to being a swimmer. I'll be waiting for you." Natsuya answers.
"When I can." Nao smiles.

Haruka walked around with a water bottle in hand. He was heading back to the group. He caught Sousuke in a side glance but decided to ignore him. "Don't show me an awful competition like last time." He warns.
"Like I'm going to lose." Haruka replies with sass making Sousuke grin.

The first years walk towards the pool.
"It's Haru-chan's team!" Nagisa says as he stood in the crowds, in the sidelines, watching his friends compete today.

You all had determined looks on your faces.
"We are now going to start the 400m relay." The announcer says.
You wear your swimming cap and goggles.
"(Name), good luck." Asahi tells you.
"We're counting on you from the start!" Ikuya adds.
"You can do this, (Name)." Makoto placed a hand on shoulder.
"Show everyone how it's done." The stotic boy speaks up.
You nod at them.

You get in position.
'Nothing is going to stop me. I have everyone with me.' You nod to yourself.
At the blow of the whistle, you dive into the pool, with grace and speed. You started off with freestyle, hands and legs moving in water with perfection. You grin while doing so. You pick up the pace and you were ahead of everyone at the moment.
"Go! (Nickname)-chan!" You hear Nagisa's cheer. You smile and swim even faster. Entering the turn, you switch to breaststroke quickly. It was a beautiful sight to see. You really fast, maybe even the fastest female middle school swimmer.
"Come on, (Name)!"
"Go!"
You hear your friends cheer. You reach the finish point and slap your hands on it.
"Makoto!" You yell as he dives into the pool.
His stroke was so dynamic and complex. He was fast and moved with speed. Makoto enters the turn within no time and picks up more speed.
"Ikuya, you can do it."
"Don't ruin the bondage that (Name) and Makoto created!"
"I know. And it's not bondage it's advantage, stupid Asahi." Ikuya tells the boy who gets embarrassed.

Makoto reaches the finish point first.
"Ikuya!" With that said, the teal haired boy dived in. His form was fast and elegant. He thrusted himself into the water as he swam with all his might. Entering the turn, he was even better. Natsuya looked at his younger brother, feeling proud.

"Asahi."
"Show your power."
"(Name), Haru, Makoto. I'm glad we got to swim with these members. Thank you." He smiles. You all look at him as he got ready to dive in.
Ikuya reached the finish point.

"Asahi!" Ikuya yelled out once he reached.
Asahi when in at perfect timing.
"Come back right here, stupid Asahi!"
"That was amazing! He was in perfect synch with you, Ikuya!" You tell him.
"He's too good.." Ikuya confirms.

Asahi's stroke was a joy to watch. He was so fast that all the other teams were left behind.
"Eh..he's pretty good." Asahi's sister smiled

"Asahi!"
"Keep going!"
You all cheer for him.
Haruka got in starting position.
"Haru."
"Haru, let's all win this."
"Haru, we'll be waiting right here."
"Yeah." Haruka nods.

Asahi reached and slapped his hands on the starting block.
"Haruka!" He yells.
Haruka dives in immediately. His body moving with the water. As expected, no one was close to Haruka. He swam in grace and it was beautiful to just watch him. He entered the turn and picked up speed.
"Haru!" You all cheer for him.
He reached the finish point, coming in first. Everyone cheered.
"Haru!" Makoto held his hand out to the boy as he grabbed it and was pulled out of the water.
"Ha-Ha-Haru!" You all embrace the boy, cheering at your success. When Haruka saw you all had won first place, he smiled.
"Yes, Yes, Yes!" Nao and Natsuya cheered.
Nagisa smiled.

Haruka sat on the benches as he read Rin's letter. His eyes widen in happiness and excitement after reading it.
"Rin, I want to be like you, too." Haruka says to himself as he stares into the sky, recalling the memories with Rin.
"That letter was for you." Sousuke tells the boy.
"It's written to you, isn't it?"
"Look closely at it. Everywhere he wrote 'that guy' has been erased. It's faint but it says 'you' underneath. Knowing Rin, he must have gotten embarrassed. But since he wrote it already, he decided to send it to me. It's really like him." Sousuke smiles.
Haruka looks at the letter with adoration.
"While reading it, I thought it was weird. He called Tachibana and (Last Name) by their first names. The contents were so one sided. Like he never expected a response at all. Since he knows how I am, he wouldn't write that way to me." Sousuke explained.
Haruka held the letter tighter.
"You can keep it."
"Is it really okay?" Haruka asks.
"Rin would probably want it that way. I'm going to win the individual race. See you." Sousuke bid Haruka farewell and headed to his own race.

"Haru! Let's go home!" Makoto calls him.
"Yeah." Haruka packed his things as he smiled and made his way over to his team.

The relay was something they'd never forget.

Ahhh. I finally completed it! There's going to be a bonus chapter, be sure to read it. I will also work on season 1-3 of Free. Maybe even write about the 'Take your Marks' movie. Bye.