Chapter 4

"Everyone, line up. Today we've got some new members joining." Natsuya tells the second and third years.

"Yes!"

You look around and notice Haruka staring at the pool will visible hearts in his eyes. You stifle a laugh as you stand next to him.

"I'm guessing the second and third years may know, but we have a practice tournament with Sano Middle School. After that there's a real tournament. So, don't slack off!" Natsuya told the club members in a serious way.

'Sano? Kisumi came from that elementary, As did Rin." You thought to yourself.

"Now these are the new club members. Go on, introduce yourselves." Natsuya gestured to us.

"Shiina Asahi. I'm a first year." Asahi says as she takes a step forward.

"We already know you're a first year."

The entire club laughs at this.

"Ah..I transferred here this spring! I swam in my old SC and I'm good at butterfly. I plan to become even faster, nice to meet you all." Asahi bows as the members clap for him.

It was then Ikuya's turn.

"Ikuya, introduce yourself." Natsuya quietly told the boy.

"I'm Kirishima Ikuya. I swim breaststroke."

"I'm Tachibana Makoto. I swam back at Iwatobi SC."

"I'm (Last Name) (First Name). I know how to swim all the strokes, but I prefer swimming Free and Breaststroke in actual tournaments. It's pleasure to meet you all."

"I'm Nanase Haruka. I only swim Free."

"Polite speech.." Makoto and (Name) nudge the boy.

"Desu." Haruka sighed.

"Hm? Your strokes are balanced well. The 5 of you will be able to enter the medley relay in your year group." Natsuya pointed out.

"I will only do solo events (desu). And I'll only swim Free." Haruka announced.

"Huh?" The club was surprised.

"Haruka." Natsuya said in a stern voice.

"Don't call me by my name."

"What are you mumbling about?" Natsuya asked as he started to approach the first year.

'This doesn't look good.' You thought.

"As your club captain, I can't allow you to do only solo events. You refuse, no matter what?"

Haruka nodded as Natsuya suddenly got a dark look in his eyes. He started to step even closer to Haruka.

"Haruka. Don't be so full of yourself." He glared at the boy.

You gasp as you stand in front of Haruka, arms spread.

"D-Don't hurt him." You tell the captain.

'Always protecting him.' Makoto slapped a hand to his forehead.

'No way, are they dating or something?' Asahi and Ikuya thought.

"Get in the pool. Come on. Race me for 50m. In freestyle." Natsuya ignored you and directed his sentence to Haruka.

The two of them then started to take off their shirts.

Haruka threw his shirt to the ground as Makoto picked it back up, placing it in his hands. Haruka gave you a reassuring nod of the head as he made his way to the pool. You were worried about him.