A Red Sweater

[ I'll try to make this is the last shipping story! Don't flame me cause you like Skase or something better. ]

  Marshall weaved the needle around, dark red yarn following with it. It was Christmas Eve; the uttermost perfect time to pack up gifts. He had snuck out into The Lookout to knit the sweater. 

  There were no emergencies of any sort- unlike last Christmas -so he had all the time to himself to make the crimson sweater perfect. Marshall loosely knitted the other sleeve, and before he knew it, he was finally finished.

  He carefully put the sweater in the box, wrapping it up. As he raced down to his puphouse, he could hardly wait to for Christmas tomorrow.

_ _ _ _____________________________________ _ _ _ 

   "Marsh! Wake up!"

  Marshall's eyes opened, and he let out a small yawn of tiredness. He stared up at Rubble, "Huh..?"

   "Christmas! All the pups are getting ready to exchange gifts!" the bulldog yipped.

  Christmas? Oh, right! 

  Marshall jumped up, nearly knocking Rubble over as he raced to The Lookout. He was practically beaming with excitement. As the elevator door opened, he leaped through, "I-I'm here! Don't start without me!"

  His landing didn't go so well as he crashed into Zuma, knocking some of the presents across the room.

  "Well that was quite an entrance..." Rocky sighed.

  All the pups laughed, seating themselves and getting their presents sorted once again.

  "So pups, we're ready?" Ryder said.

  The pups yipped and chattered happily.

  "I'll take that as a yes," he laughed, "so who wants to go first?"

  "Me! Me!" Skye yelped.

  "Alright, go ahead Skye!"

  The cockapoo trotted to Everest, opening up the present. 

  "I know how much you like plushies, so I got you this!" Skye said.

  She proudly held up the plushie of the husky, which was a gray and coaly color.

  "Thank you, Skye! I love it so much!" the husky took the plushie, hugging it.

  Marshall smiled, tail wagging patiently. He wanted to give his gift last; he didn't want to embarrass himself in any way.

  The pups continued on exchanging gifts; hats, toys, knitted blankets...

  He didn't know if the pup he was gonna give his gift to was gonna like it. As the pups filed out down the elevator, Marshall tried to push these thoughts aside. He gulped, tapping the German Shepherd on his shoulder, "Hey, Chase?"

  Chase stopped, turning towards Marshall, "Yeah?"

  "I, uh, wanted to give you something-" Marshall pushed his present over, "I made it for you on Christmas Eve, I hope you like it!"

  "Huh, I was wondering why you were the only one who didn't give a gift!" 

  Marshall's face flushed with embarrassment, he probably should have thought of the other pups before making the sweater, too. Chase opened the box, taking out the crimson sweater.

  "Oh? Is this it?" Chase smiled.

  "Y-yeah! I hope you like it!"

  Chase squeezed on the sweater. The first thing he noticed was how tight the sweater felt. The second thing he noticed was the instant itchiness of the sweater.

  Chase fought the urge to itch himself, "Thanks Marshall, it's great!"

  "Okay! I mean- Uh, thanks!" 

  Chase gave a slight smile, "Let's go meet up with the other pups! Race you to the playground?"

  Marshall yipped in agreement, leaping into the elevator. As they ran through the snow to the playground, Marshall knew this was gonna be a great Christmas

[ sorry for the lazy story, I just felt like writing something to take off all the stress I have! ]