9

Tara's pov**

In the days following that weird night when Asher didn't think of my pleasure for once, but Griff did, they were almost inseparable. Everywhere Asher went, Griff wasn't far from him. Now its the day that we are to marry, Asher sent griffin to make sure a surprise was ready at the bar. It is a Sunday, so the bar is closed until four o'clock. We are getting married at eleven.

"Come on Asher, its time to leave!"

"I'm coming sweetheart!" He comes from the bedroom looking sharp. Wearing black jeans and a light grey button shirt and a black vest with new boots.

I'm wearing a silver silk blouse and black jeans. We are riding his bike, so there won't be a dress.

"Oh so sexy!" I tell him as he kissed my neck.

"You are the reason that I love life now. I love you to heaven and back. I want you to remember that above everyone in our lives, I love you the most, for eternity. Will you remember that? You're perfect in everything you do, everything you are!"

I had tears in my eyes. "Asher, that's the most beautiful thing anyone has ever said to me. I love you heart and soul! You make me feel loved and cherished." We kissed with our hearts in our eyes.

Asher pulled back. "We better get going. Or we will be late to our wedding."

With a quick kiss, we went out the door. All hell broke loose as we locked the door and went down the steps. A truck slowly drove by and I looked up to see the two guys from Duluth Cattle raising a gun and point it at us. Then he fired five shots. Asher pushed me out of the way as he reached for a gun that wasn't there. I saw his body jerk as bullets hit his chest and stomach. I screamed Asher's name and he looked at me with sad eyes. I grab my phone as I crawl to him, and dialed 911.

911 what is your emergency?

I need an ambulance and the police to 1223 Broken Bow road. My husband has been shot! I think three times! I can't stop the bleeding! Help me please!

I have rescue on the way. Did you see who did it?

Yes! They are in a blue Duluth Cattle truck heading east. I know one is named Trevor and the other is David.

Ok ma'am apply pressure on the wounds until you don't see any fresh blood.

There's four wounds and so much blood! I can't stop the bleeding!

Stay with me ma'am.

"Tara, love, remember that I love you. To heaven and back."

"I love you too Asher! Please don't leave me Asher! I need you!"

"Listen to me Tara. Let Griff help you. Let him love you! He does. Things you don't know! Things you'll learn. Please don't hate me!"

"What are you talking about?"

"Trust Griffin. Call him now. I love you to heaven. I'll protect your Heaven. Tell Griff that I was right and I'm sorry."

"Just hang on Asher, I hear the sirens. Just hold on honey. Please don't leave me." I cried. The sirens stopped and paramedics came to help him. I called Griffin.

"Hey shorty, can't get him out of the shower?"

"Griffin, he's been shot! I need you to meet me at the hospital. Its bad Griff! Real bad!"

I heard him yell at Vic and Gina to load up. "Where are you now shorty?"

"At home. They are about to put him in the ambulance. The police are here too."