15

I leave and ride to the compound with the smashed bugs. When I get there only a few men are around. I guess the look on my face warns everyone to stay away. Terrance is not among them. I go to his room and find him with his phone out. I know that some of the men are behind me. "What's up Terry?"

His head turned so fast, that I heard his neck crack. "Ggriffin, I.. thought that you would've been at the bar now."

"Give me your phone." I held out my hand.

"This is mine. Not your concern."

I snatched it from him. Just as I thought. "You're bugs ain't working worth a shit are they?"

"I don't know what you're talking about Griffin. I guess the loss of Slasher is getting to you."

He didn't see my fist coming until it was back by my side. "You ain't good enough to say his name! Never say it again! Bryce, what does this say?" I handed him the phone.

"It says, 'listening devices out of service or range. Please check the devices location and battery', well fuck me! Who'd you bug?"

"Nobody!"

I took the smashed bugs out of my pocket and tossed them on his table in front of him. "He bugged the bar. Five fucking bugs. What the hell are you trying to hear, bitch?"

"Nothing! I just want to know what's going on with demon and psycho."

"I told you! They're in jail because the sick fucks wanted to make child porn! They wanted to fuckin sell a nine year old in to sex-slavery! How much more fuckin simple can I make it?"

"I don't trust you!"

"Then get the fuck out and don't come back!" I waited for him to pack. He didn't. "What are you waiting on? Get out!" I start packing for him.

"I don't want to leave! I have nowhere to go!" He makes the mistake of standing and touching me. I laid him out with two hits.

"Get this piece of pussy out of here! If he disappears from the living, I'm good! I don't want him back here."

"Yes boss! My pleasure on this one." Tyrone said. "Lets go to the pit y'all. This is for Slasher and Viper."

"Thanks men! We appreciate it!" I left the room and looked around the common room. As I'm riding back to the bar, I start thinking. Is all this even worth it any more? Without dad? Without Ash? I don't want to be here without Asher. Why should I have to? Fuck! Ash was only twenty-seven, now he's gone! He left Tara. He left me. He left mom, dad, and Lana. He'll never know his nephew or his own kids. I don't want to die young. I don't want to leave Tara heartbroken again. She deserves so much more in life! I love her more than anything else in this life. Tara deserves a long happy healthy life with a husband and children. I'm the man to give her that life. Mom and dad deserve lots of grandkids to spoil. I'm going to be thinking this over for the next several days. I pull into the bar parking lot. It's packed and overflowing so I park behind the building and call Tara. "Hey handsome. You ok?"

"Yeah shorty. Come open the back door for me. Please." I know that the security bar is across the door to prevent any burglary. The only time it isn't is when the bar is open. It acts as an emergency exit.

"On my way love." She hung up.
Moments later the door opens and I'm greeted by Tara's beautiful face. I pull her into my arms. "Are you ok? You seem upset."

"I'm good. I need to make some decisions. We'll talk later. After the funeral most likely."

"I just need you to talk to me. Don't shut me out. That would hurt me."