Six Years Old

SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE!! I FEEL SO BAD!! I'll try to update more but I probably can't considering I missed a whole month and a half due to 'family matters.' Again, I'm so sorry!! Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter!

~Amaryllis' POV~

I yawned as I got up from my bed. I looked around my room, the one my parents gave me to keep me away from their 'princess.'

I looked to my left and saw Victor sleeping peacefully. He's been coming over a lot the past few years and my sister just keeps getting more and more bratty because he plays with me instead of her — if you can even call that playing.

I sigh quietly before rolling out of bed. Victor stirs a little, his hand patting the bed, searching for me. When he doesn't  find me, he opens his grey eyes.

"Amaryllis?" Victor calls out while getting up. I answered with a hum and heard the shuffling of bed sheets. I thought nothing of it as I continue to get my clothes ready for a bath.

"What are you doing?" He asked while climbing down from the bed. He's been getting a lot clingier than before.

"Taking a bath." I answered simply. "After all, today is the Clara's birthday, is it not?"

He nodded his head and then opened his mouth to say something. "But, today is your birthday too, isn't it?"

"Yes, but do you think my parents really care about that?" I looked over to him and stared him straight in the eyes. He turned red and looked away, causing me to be confused. I looked away and finished getting my clothes ready and started walking to the bathroom.

"AH! Amaryllis, um.. can you meet me at the park after you're done?" Victor asked with a hopeful look in his eyes. I nodded and continued my walk to the bath.

~~~~~Time Skip: 30 mins~~~~~~

I walked out of the bathroom wearing a dark blue dress that stops above my knees and a pair of black flats. My hair was in a simple braid that goes over my shoulder.

I walk over to my door, but before I can open it, it's slammed open. In it stands my mother. Her face is red and the corners of her eyes are red and puffy, like she's been crying. Not my problem.

"Amaryllis! Where are you going?!" She yells after she spots me. I don't pay her any mind and try to walk past her. I tried and failed. "Where. Do. You. Think. You're. Going?!"

"The park to meet up with Victor. If you're going to tell me to take Clara with me, take her yourself. I am not her babysitter." I state before walking around her and into the hall. Clara is already waiting out there and is staring at me, a clouded emotion in her eyes.

I push past her and she falls down and starts crying out. My mother comes out of my room and sees me walking away while Clara is on the ground and crying.

"Clara! Oh, my poor baby!! What happened to you?! Amaryllis! What did you do this time?!" My mother yells out in concern and then quickly switches her tone of voice when she looked back at me. I click my tongue in annoyance before walking away.

As I was walking to the park, which isn't far from our house, I saw a group of boys surrounding a smaller, weaker looking boy. I wanted to ignore it, but something in my head told me to go help.

'Is this a conscious?' I thought to myself before sighing quietly and walking over to them. Their words, for some odd reason, ticked me off.

"Weak! You can't even defend yourself, so how are you gonna defend you precious Lydia?!" The biggest one said as he lifted his fist. I kicked him in his knee-pit, forcing his knees to buckle and him to fall down on one knee.

"Lowly maggots. Shut up and let me pass." I said coldly, meeting each and every one of their gazes before my eyes landed on the boy on the ground. His eyes were unwavering and determined as his hands were stretched out protectively to his sides, keeping whatever was behind him from danger.

I walked towards him and forcefully pulled him to his feet, giving me a good look at what he was protecting. It was a little, puffy dog. It's fur was matted and full of dirt and grime, its body covered in what looked like jumping fleas. It's eyes were closed and it's breathing was steady. I silently sighed before I turned around and glared at the remaining boys.

"Who did this?" I asked and they visibly shivered. I don't know what happened, but if they hurt this dog, then I would spare no boy. One stepped forward and looked me straight in the eyes, not daring to flinch or back down.

"We were teaching this boy a lesson and you interrupted. If you hadn't come, the-," he stated but I cut him off.

"Did anyone harm this dog in the process?" I asked him while looking back at it. It's breathing was still stable, but as I looked closer, there was a small puddle of blood under it and some fresh blood coating it's fur. How I didn't notice it, well, that I don't know.

The boy who was protecting the dog tugged on my sleeves and pointed to three boys. It seems as if these boys were the ones that did it. I nodded my head towards him and took a step forward.

"What do you kids think you're doing?" A male voice interrupted. I looked over to where I heard the voice and saw a male looking to be on his early-twenties. He had black hair with a red tint to the tips, piercing, green eyes, and an olive tone to his skin. He was adorning tattered blue jeans, a ripped white shirt, and black and white converses. He had a few piercings here and there, mostly on his left ear.

I said nothing as I stared at him for a few moments and then turned around, pulling the boy with me. I walked up to the dog, kneeled, and picked it up. I started walking to the park to get Victor, so we can go to the vet.

Before I could walk more then ten steps, I heard my mother's voice call out to me. "Amaryllis! Drop that filthy thing and come over here right now!!"

"Weird," I muttered, "I don't think I'm holding onto her." I heard snickering and looked over to my side to see the boy trying to hold back his laughing. The corner of my mouth lifted up for a bit before setting in a cold, hard line once again. I kept on walking to the park, ignoring my mother and her shrill voice.

I arrived at the park fifteen minutes later to see Clara bothering Victor with a few other girls. Victor was obviously annoyed but as he saw me, his face lit up in a bright smile as he ran over to me.