real life

Lexi's POV

"Don't freak, but Ethan just got here." Luna whispers to me as we stand by the snack table.

I know i'm supposed to be dancing and having fun, but i've just been too nervous.

Nervous because of Ethan.

The thought of seeing him after a whole month makes me wanna run upstairs and hide under my blankets.

My eyes snap towards the front door, and there he is. Looking handsome, like always. Since everyone was supposed to dress up, he's wearing a button up shirt, black jeans, and some black dress shoes.

I quickly look back at Luna, starting to panic. "What do I do?"

She glances behind me and at him and her eyes widen. "He's coming this way."

My panicking gets worse and I grab onto her arm. "Luna help!" I whisper-yell.

She just sends me a smile before winking and walking away. I glare at her retreating figure and take a deep breath.

"Hey." His nervous voice says from behind me.

I turn around and smile at him shyly. "Hi Ethan." I tuck my hair behind my ear. "Thanks for coming."

He nods before suddenly pulling something out from behind his back. A small box that he holds out towards me. "I-I got you something."

My eyes widen. "E...you didn't have to." I whisper, reluctantly taking it from his hand.

He grins. "It would be rude if I didn't bring a present to a birthday party." He tucks his hands in his front pockets. "Open it."

I send him a shy smile and begin to do so.

I gasp when I see what's inside.

A ring.

I look up at him in shock

I look up at him in shock. "Ethan..."

He looks nervous as he runs his hand through his hair. "Do you like it?"

I look at him like he's crazy. "Are you kidding? It's beautiful." I pull it out of the box and place it on my right ring finger, hearing him sigh in relief.

I admire it for a few seconds before looking back up at him. After making the final decision to hug him, I step closer and stand on my tippy toes so I can wrap my arms around his neck.

He freezes, probably shocked, before slipping his arms around my waist and pulling me even closer.

"Thank you." I whisper into the crook of his neck.

His shoulders relax and he whispers, "Anything for you Lex."

I love it when he says that.