real life

Lexi's POV

Sophia, Eden and I all step out of the Uber after thanking the driver.

"Dude i'm so excited!" Sophia exclaims, as we walk up the steps.

"Hopefully we can find you two a man tonight." I nudge both of them, since i'm walking in the middle.

Eden laughs. "Yeah right, like that'll happen."

"It will! I promise."

We step inside and I immediately smell the alcohol and feel the loud music vibrate throughout the house.

"I'm gonna go find Ethan." I yell to them over all the noise. They nod and head in the opposite direction.

I walk towards the kitchen, or at least where I think it is, and observe all the halloween costumes people chose. I let out a laugh when I see someone in a hotdog costume.

I finally find the kitchen after weaving myself through the crowd. I frown when I don't spot the person I was looking for and instead decide to grab a soda. As I pop open the can and take a sip, someone wraps their arms around my waist from behind.

I tense up, until they speak, and I know exactly who it is. "There you are." Ethan mumbles against my neck. "I was looking for you everywhere."

I giggle as he kisses my neck. "I missed you." I turn around and wrap my arms around his neck.

He chuckles. "Not as much as I missed you."

Right as he's about to lean down and kiss me, a voice interrupts us. "Alright lovebirds, not in the kitchen." James calls out as he enters.

I grin and pull away from Ethan to go hug James, who's dressed up as a 'sexy police officer', i'm guessing.

"You look amazing James!" I exclaim.

"Thanks girl. You look hot too!" He winks.

"Hey, what about me?" Ethan whines from behind us. I turn around and roll my eyes.

"Ethan, you already know you look hot."

He smirks and walks over, wrapping his arm around me. "You're right."

We spend most of the night dancing. Sophia and Eden even found some guys to dance with. I danced with Ethan of course, and a few other friends.

We decide to take a break and play a game of seven minutes in heaven.

They're playing it differently though. Whoever the bottle lands on gets to choose someone else to go in the closet with them.

When everybody is finally gathered around in a circle, a random person spins. It lands on a girl who chooses some other guy to go with her. This goes on for a couple more rounds.

This time though, it lands on Mckenzie, who arrived about a half an hour ago.

She smirks and glances in the direction where Ethan and I are sitting. He has his arm wrapped around me as we sit on the couch.

"Ethan." She looks at him as everyone stares at her in shock, including Ethan and I.

"The fuck-" Denzel, who's also here, starts to say, but he's interrupted by Ethan.

"Nah, i'm good." He kisses my temple, to make it clear that he's with me.

Kenzie's smile falls a little but she covers it up. "Oh come on, we won't do anything."

I glare at her, knowing what she's trying to do. "He said no."

She rolls her eyes. "No one asked for your input."

I scoff. "I don't need permission to speak Mckenzie, just like I don't need permission to beat your ass." I stand up from the couch as everyone watches.

They've never seen me act like this. I don't usually snap at people.

Ethan stands up beside me and grabs my hand. "Just ignore her Lex, she's not worth it." He whispers, desperately trying to get me to calm down.

I send her one last glare. "Stay away from my boyfriend."

Just as i'm about to turn and leave, she speaks again. "Last time I checked, boyfriends don't slide into other girls dm's."

I freeze and take a deep breath, while Ethan glances between the two of us with worry. "Shut up. Ethan wouldn't do that." I turn around to see her staring at me with her arms crossed.

Kenzie chuckles. "You really don't know you're boyfriend that well, do you? Maybe that's why he texted me..." She trails off, walking towards me. "So I could help him, in all the ways that you couldn't."

My jaw clenches and I ball my hands up into fists. "I told you, to shut. the hell. up." I say through gritted teeth, and then before anyone can stop me, I shove her to the ground.

People around us gasp, but i'm too focused on punching then anything else.

"Yes bitch, fuck her up!" I hear Denzel call out, but i'm too busy to laugh.

Suddenly everyone is chanting "Fight! Fight! Fight!" over and over again. Well, everyone except Ethan, Grayson and James, who are all trying to stop me.

Apparently Kenzie needs to take some self defense classes cause i've literally landed every single punch. She tries to cover her face but it doesn't work very well.

"Lexi, stop! That's enough!" I suddenly hear Ethan yell, making me freeze. I feel him grab me and pull me up from the ground, so I can't do anything else.

One of Kenzie's friends help her, while Ethan tugs me through the crowd that had gathered during the fight.

I wince at the stinging pain in my right knuckle.

We finally make it outside but Ethan doesn't stop walking, he continues to make his way towards his car.

"W-Wait, Ethan." He ignores me, which means he's mad. I sigh and let him lead me to the car.

When we reach his Jeep, he opens the passenger door. He's almost too calm as he waits for me to get in. He still hasn't spoken either.

He gets in on his side after closing my door and starts the car.

"Ethan." I whisper to get his attention.

He sighs and runs his fingers through his hair. "Why did you have to do that?"

I frown. "You know why. She hasn't stopped flirting with you since I met her."

He glances at me and shakes his head. "That's not a god excuse Lexi. You shouldn't have started the fight."

I scoff and roll my eyes. "Oh i'm sorry, I didn't know you were my dad."

Ethan sends me a glare. "I don't have to be your dad to care about you."

The car ride is silent after that. When we reach my place, i'm about to get out of the car, when I notice Ethan getting out too.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

Ethan turns and looks at me. "Going in with you, what else?" He sasses.

"Why though?"

He nods towards my bloody knuckle. "To help you clean that."

"Pretty sure I know how to clean it myself."I mumble as I step out of the car. I follow behind Ethan as he walks up the steps, into my house and to the upstairs bathroom.

I take a seat on the counter while I wait for him to get the First Aid kit, wincing when he finally does and applies the disinfectant.

He glances up at me and I see a flash of guilt before he covers it up.

"I'm sorry." I say, once he's finished cleaning.

Ethan sighs and stares at me with a look I can't read. "I'm just glad she didn't get a punch in." He pulls me in for a hug and kisses the top of my head.

His words make me giggle. "Me too."

"I love you."

"I love you too."