Chapter I

The new one

Onyx stepped gracefully as she followed her Diamond down the endlessly winding hall.

"Onyx?" White Diamonds stern voice rang out in question, causing her petite young gem to snap to attention.

"Yes, my Diamond?" She asked eagerly, looking up from her black ballet slippers in adoration.

"Run ahead and inform Yellow, and Blue that I shall be there shortly, and tell them to have the new Diamond ready." White Diamond gazed down at Onyx with a light smile as she nodded lightly; sprinting ahead in hopes of getting there before her Diamond. As she ran down the long winding hall her long black hair billowed out behind her, the black curls contrasting the white skin drastically.

Onyx burst through the doors to the throne room eagerly, a smile placed upon her delicate face, she gazed upon bright light as she headed forward into the room.

She stopped abruptly at the sight of the new Diamond. She dropped quickly into a low curtsy awaiting the order to arise.

Onyx saw Yellow wave a hand at her telling her to rise which she did quickly while the new Diamond looked at her with wonder and adoration.

"White Diamond requests that you prepare the new Diamond for her arrival." Yellow Diamond raised an eyebrow in question, clearly wondering why White sent such an inconsequential gem. Onyx smiled naively and curtsied again after again waiting for her dismissal.

"Will that be all?" Blue asked briskly.

"Yes." Onyx replied with another smile.

"Leave us." Yellow said with a bored tone. Onyx nodded her head happily as she ran out of the room quickly, her long black curls bouncing along behind her. She looked over her shoulder giggling lightly as she kept running. She felt her small fragile body come into contact with another gem causing them both to collapse onto the ground. Onyx's eyes flew open as she backed away in fear seeing White Diamonds Pearl. Her knees came up to her chest as she gazed at the Pearl in fear.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to- I wasn't looking where I was going and... I'm just sorry please don't tell our Diamond!" She pleaded burying her head in her hands. She saw a hand appear in front of her face.

"It's all right." Onyx looked up at the body connected to the hand "I won't tell her if you don't." Onyx smiled gratefully at Pearls words grabbing her hand and pulling herself up. They simply watched each other cautiously as they waited for White Diamond together.

A bright light suddenly filled the hallway as White Diamond entered it quickly. they both dropped into deep curtsies as the Diamond ignored them entirely they quickly followed behind her Radience. They entered the courtroom only to be faced with the rest of the Diamond court.
All the gems looked away from White's court in fear. Blue and Yellow Diamond frowned at White.

"Where is the new Diamond?" White's voice echoed out through the room causing all the gems in it to tremble.

"I'm here." Pink Diamond's gentle voice rang out through the room replac

ing the chill left over from White's voice, with a soft gentle warmth.

"Well Come forward, I don't bite." White commanded Pink with a bone chilling smile. Pink walked forward tentatively, her brilliant pink shoes standing out against the light ground.

White crouched down to the ground her eyes gazing onto Pink's smaller form. White Diamond gestured towards the sea of gems waiting to be chosen.

"Well, go on." Pink nodded slowly as she approached the gems. She gazed upon Onyx remembering they're brief encounter from earlier that day. Pink pointed at her happily.

"I want that one!" She exclaimed full of glee. Onyx's eyes widened in fear for herself while Yellow and Blue gasped in fear of the fate of their beloved Pink. White Diamond merely smiled that smile of hers again.

"Okay." White Diamonds mouth curled into a wicked grin. "Do you like the way she looks, or would you rather she was more... Pink?" Onyx turned her attention to Pink Diamond almost certain of her answer already.

"I want her to be more pink!" Pink exclaimed in delight. Onyx felt a sense of dread fill her stomach as she turned around quickly to face White Diamond. Only to find herself face to face, with her brilliant white blade.

The light the blade emitted blinded every gem in the room including Onyx. All of the gems looked away because they had seen it all before. The only gems that didn't look away, were Pink looking on in curiosity, Onyx looking at White in terror as tears rolled down her face, and White as she glared into Onyx's eyes as if daring her to speak up. The last thing Onyx saw before she retreated into her gem, was the horrified face of Pink Diamond, and the wrathful one of White.