15. 1.

The smell of cigarettes and weed hit me and I hide my cough with a laugh. The party is in full swing with loud music bouncing off the walls of the house. Teenagers, most of them students from Tremaine's school. Jay is beside me, holding my hand firmly in his, looking around for a familiar face. "Stick with me, Naija," he whispers in my ear and I nod. We weave our way through the crowd of horny students grinding against each other and find ourselves in the kitchen. It's littered with red cups and bottles of beer, and thankfully, empty. I sit on the kitchen table and cross my legs, watching Jay. He looks inside the fridge for something we can drink, since I can't drink alcohol or beer without acting like a fool, and Jay's the designated driver. But tonight I want to be wild.

Jay closes the fridge and is holding two cans of soda. I frown. He ignores my frown, hands me the soda and opens his. I watch his Adam's apple bob up and down as he drinks his soda. I unconsciously bite my lower lip because it somehow turns me on. Everything about Jay turns me on. Fuck, hearing him breathe makes me squeeze my laps together.

"What?" He asks, and I shake my head. He shrugs and finishes his soda. I'm still yet to open mine. He throws his empty can away and turns his attention to me. He separates my legs and wraps them around him. "Naija," he calls with that low growl, and I squeeze my core in response. His nose finds my neck and he rubs his nose up and down until I grab his head and smash my lips unto his. He chuckles and without wasting time, slips his tongue into my mouth, and his fingers in my jeans.

My parents were away for the weekend. They had to visit my ailing aunt the next state over. So it was me and Liberty at home. But Liberty always wanted to have a sleepover at one of her friend's house. My parents and the girl's parents are friends, sort of. But my Ma and Dad didn't trust them, and anytime Libby asked to stay at their place, they'd shut her down. So we showed up at their doorstep at five p.m., saying my parents had given her the permission to stay the night. They were all excited to have her for the weekend, and I was glad to get her out of the house.

Tremaine was attending a college party. It was his first year and he realized really soon that there were more parties than classes, and after joining a fraternity, became one of the organisers of such parties. I begged him to let me come. After he got tired of hearing me beg he agreed to let me come. It was only an hour's drive to Tremaine's university. And that was where the problem occurred. I couldn't drive yet.

I ran to Gold, like I did when I had a problem. She paced back and forth in my room until her small face lit up with a wide smile on her lips. She pronounced the name like it was a secret, something forbidden yet exciting. And it worked like magic. After I dropped the call, me and Gold ran into my closet like mad women at a clothes sale. We were about the same size so she could wear my clothes. She settled on a champagne gold gown that hugged her curves and stopped mid thigh. It had spaghetti straps that crossed at the back. She couldn't find shoes in her size so she took one of my Ma's. Black pumps with bows by the side. She was a professional make up artiste- bless YouTube- so she did her make-up and her hair fell in ringlets to the side. She looked drop dead gorgeous, with her cookie brown skin and small oval face with wide lips.

I wore something a bit more simple. I wore white boyfriend jeans, a black tube, my favourite black checked shirt, and tied a sweater around my waist. I let Gold do my makeup and hair and when I looked in the mirror, I looked at least nineteen, not fifteen. I told her to keep it simple but it looked so complicated, especially what she'd done with my eyes and cheeks. I thanked her and while we were complimenting each other, my phone rang. Our ride was here. I grabbed my phone and a small purse with cash and lipgloss and followed Gold downstairs. I double checked the lights and electrical outlets. Only when I was sure the house won't burn down in my absence did I go out and lock the door. I always kept a key under the mat, and took one with me.