14.1

Whenever the girls in my grade talked about their virginity, I always wondered why they were so adamant about keeping it. They all wanted to keep it for their future husbands or whatever. With the way I was looking at them, they wouldn't make it past senior year before throwing themselves in the hands of the school bad boy.

Believe it or not, l lost my virginity in the 9th grade, and I do not regret it.

The day started like any other day; Peng outfit, beautiful make-up and the sex appeal. Like always, they came to me, but today I was out for one particular senior who went by the name of Conner Charleston the Third. He was a low-key senior, handsome, brilliant, athletic and very very endowed. I know the last part because I overheard his exgirlfriend brag about it in the girls bathroom.

It's safe because he's not in Tremaine's circle of friends.

On the down side, he might say no. But who says no to big breasts and a pretty smile? Idiots. And Conner was no idiot.

The week before, I did something very naughty. You see, seniors tutor freshmen, sophomores, Juniors and other seniors for extra credit. So there was a sign up sheet for students who wanted a particular senior to tutor them. Now, Conner's sheet had a few students who had enough balls to sign up for his tutoring, knowing that his exgirlfriend would literally attack any female who went to close to him, and I laughed. Making sure no one was watching me, I took off Conner's sheet and went to the secretary's office. I was able to do a photocopy of the sheet, but, without the other names. Then I went back to the board, wrote my name, and pinned it back.

I was able to get away with it because it was on a Friday, school was over, and nobody would bother to check.

Now on this beautiful Monday morning, my handiwork had gone unnoticed, and during study hall, Conner Charleston the Third came to the library, looking for me. I pretended not to notice him coming towards me, flipping through my American History textbook. "Naija, is it?" Damn that British accent! I smiled and nodded. He dropped his textbooks and bag on the table and sat across me, giving me a warm smile. "How are you?"

"Splendid." I smiled. "Now I Know you're a very busy senior, but thank you for taking out time to tutor me. It was really considerate of you." Fuel his ego.

He blushed. "Anything for extra credit, I guess. You're welcome." He looked away shyly.

"Oh, I'm sorry, do I make you uncomfortable? I can cover my face if you want. That way you won't have to look at my face. I know I'm ugly, anyway." Play innocent. Fish for compliments.

" No no you're not ugly, you're actually very pretty." He looked at me and looked away again. "I'm just awfully shy." He opened his bag and brought out some books. "I'm sorry."

"Senior Conner, there's no need to be sorry," I said, reaching across the table to hold his hand, "or shy. You can just imagine you're teaching yourself. Maybe that way you'd feel comfortable." Throw in the 'I'm a friend' card. He looked at my hand in his and at me, giving me a warm smile. I saw him visibly relax. Oh, you are on a roll today, Naija.

"Just Conner is fine," he said, softly squeezing my hand and I drew it back. "So where do you want to start?"

I slammed my American History textbook on the table for dramatic effect. "American History. I can't pass a test on it to save my life." That wasn't completely true. I managed to scrap C- on the last test. But I needed this guy to fuck— I mean, tutor me. "Let's start with the Civil War, first. I have a test on that one tomorrow."

And so the tutoring began. I did pay attention to what he was saying, and he knew what he was teaching. After the lesson on the Civil War and two other topics, we took a break. "So tell me, Naija, what are your plans for the future?"