Chapter 8

Over the next few days, the bond between the hero and the demon grew stronger. Zelda was found not guilty, which shocked everyone. She was allowed to continue on set, though she avoided Link at all costs. Her acting didn't change, despite that she had to be near Link half the time.

At this time, they were at the point of when the forces had reached the valley of sears to defeat Cia. Lots of fighting happened in that time. Soon, it was break. Everyone was exhausted and needed to relax for a bit. Link splashed some water on his face to try and cool down. Ghirahim was with him, giving him a back massage. It was close to Ghirahim's part, and Link knew that. "I'm really not looking forward to fighting you near the ending." Link said with a frown. "I know, but it'll be ok. It's fake anyway." Ghirahim reassured the hero. Link nods. "I love you." Link smiled. Ghirahim smiled back. "I love you too."

After the defeat of Cia, Ganondorf's scenes came in. Link was happy to see Ghirahim get some scenes in but he was desperate for his loving touch. Soon, the scenes had ended and it was time to leave. "You were great out there." Link smiled at Ghirahim. "Thank you. You were great too." Ghirahim compliments. The two started walking to the car, when Zelda had stopped them.

"What do you want, Zelda?" Ghirahim hissed at the princess. Zelda glared at Ghirahim but sighed. "I wanted to apologize for what I did. It was wrong of me to try to interfere with your relationship." She said. "I'm happy for you Link. I hope that he treats you right, and I hope we can still be friends." She gave the hero a smile before walking to her car and driving away. Link blinks, clearly shocked. "Did she just...apologize?" He asked. Ghirahim nodded, a bit shocked himself. "I didn't think she'd apologize. That doesn't seem like her." Ghirahim said. "Maybe nearly being thrown in jail knocked some common sense into her." Link said. Ghirahim nods in agreement. "Let's go home."

As Ghirahim drove them both home, Link couldn't help but think about what Zelda had said. 'It's not like her to apologize. Something's up, I just know it.' Link thought in his head. 'The way she looked at Ghirahim, and her body language doesn't seem normal. I need to figure out what she's planning before Ghirahim gets hurt. I can't let my guard down again.' Link thought to himself. Ghirahim glanced at him with a concerned look. "Everything ok, Link?" Ghirahim asked. Link nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine." Link said, slightly hesitating as he answered. Ghirahim sighed and pulled into an empty parking lot. He stops the car before looking at Link. "Something's wrong, I can see it on your face." Ghirahim said. Link sighed. "Did Zelda seem off to you?" He asked. Ghirahim nods. "Yeah, she did. You're worried that she's planning something aren't you?" Ghirahim asked. Link nodded, his eyes filled with worry.

Ghirahim kept quiet. He turned the car and started to drive out into the country. "Where are we going?" Link asked. "You'll see." Ghirahim replied. He soon parked the car and helped Link out of the car. Ghirahim leads Link to a beautiful clearing. The place was filled with flowers of all species, the grass was greener than ever, and there was a waterfall not far from them. As the sun began to set, Ghirahim takes Link to the top of a hill, seeing the amazing view of the sunset. Link was awestruck, his eyes filled with wonder and happiness. "I was gonna bring you here for your birthday but you needed it most right now. This is the place I come to relax. No worries, no problems, no Zelda, nothing. I feel free here." Ghirahim explained to him. "It's so beautiful..." Link whispered. "Not as beautiful as you Link." Ghirahim smiled. Link blushed and snuggles into his chest. "Thank you. This is exactly what I needed." He mumbled. "You're very welcome." Ghirahim kissed his forehead.

The two watched the beautiful sunset together, cuddled in each other's arms with a smile on both their faces. It was truly a Ghiralink moment.