#12: Real Blaze

Emon sighed. He had been walking for about a hour ever since he left Hage and stopped infront of a supermarket. He looked at it's door and shrugged before walking inside. After some quick minutes of exploring the soda can section, he bumped into someone much taller and larger than him. The impact sent him right onto the floor. "Holy jeez, this guy has enough muscles to send me into the floor with just a bump..." He muttered before getting up and looking at the man. "I'm so sorry, sir. I wasn't-" He took a better look at the man's face. "R-ryuuga's dad... You're Ryuuga's dad, right?"

The tall man looked at Emon's eyes. His face showed nothing more than anger. He made the air thicker by jsut looking at Emon's eyes with the most intimidating glare he had ever seen.

'Oh god... That angry face, that glare... I think he might just kill me here and now with that...' Emon thought, fearing for could happen to him in the next minute. "S-s-s-shouto, I-i mean M-mister S-sawada, I-i didn't m-meant to-"

Shouto's angry expression changed into a calm one. He looked at Emon with a simple smirk and normal eyes. "So, I heard you and my boy Ryuuga are on a team together."

"H-huh....?"

(Opening)

"Yeah. I heard from Ryuuga that you two were on the same team. Spiral Terra, was it?"

Emon slowly nodded. "Y-yes... But how do you know who I am?"

"Are you kididng? Ryuuga has a picture frame of your team. I know that you're Emon since he insisted on making us learn all about his team. You use Kagero and your ace is Dragonic Waterfall. You and I are share a blazing hot blood bond through that clan."

"Huh, we do...?"

Shouto nodded. "Trust me kid, back in my days, all Kagero players were bonded by a never ending flame. Don't tell me that you don't have that in you."

"I'm not really sure..."

"Yeesh, kids these days will never understand what was Vanguard years ago. On my high school days, we fought because we wanted to feel action, to have fun, to become the vanguard to our units. Nowadays people fight for power, titles or anything really. It just feels too different from the good old times." Shouto drifted the target of his eyes to the soda cans on the shelf by his side. He started grabbing some cans and placed them in his shopping cart. "But what brings you so far from your usual card shop? I know that Hage is still a good walk away from his supermaket."

"I know." Emon grabbed the soda can he had dropped when he bumped into the adult from the floor and returned it to the shelf before grabbing a another can and dragging it out. "We decided that it would be better if we didn't just fought the others over and over again, so we are training by ourselves. Fujiko stayed in Hage, Hikaru-"

"Fujiko? You mean the young lady by wife never stops talking about? Blonde, blue eyes, totlaly into Ryuuga to some degree?"

"Eh, I guess you're wife and Hikaru both want those two together. But again, Hikaru is a wackjob, so what can you-"