#40: Apex

In a living room with a dark rbown wooden floor and shelves of books all across the walls, aswell as a golden chandelier hanging off the ceiling, was a large glass vitral with sections of a large variety of colours. The most prominent one was white, on the center of the vitral, as red panels surrounded it. The white panels, when together on the right order, formed a being. A creature resembling an angel of outer world.

"Harmonics Messiah." A low voice spoke out to the vitral. It belonged to someone standing across it and looking up at the majestic piece of artwork. Who was this? It was a boy, around his teenage years, with white hair with red highlights, having it pulled back, and blue eyes, aswell as wearing a white hoodie with yellow highlights over a black shirt, as well as white pants with black and white shoes. "We are gathered here before your presence for you are the one desired us to find each others. We are chosen by you to come together and fight for your will." Despite his words, he was all alone in the dark living room. "Those who have gone against your will and have brought destruction to the world you swore to protect will one day recieve judgement for their actions. I pledge that to you."

(Opening)

On the same living room from before, now illuminated by the lights of the chandelier, and some years back, the boy, as a child, sat by the side of a man with resembling hairstyle, but much older

"Can I ask you something, father?" The boy asked, not taking his eyes of the floor.

His father, who was looking at the pages of the book he held in his hands, answered, but not looking at his child. "What is it?"

"If there really were people who did what Messiah didn't wanted to be done, why don't we do anything? If our family is supposed to be the body of Messiah on Earth, then why don't we punish those bad guys on our own? Why do we need to stay put without doing anything that is-"

"Masato, we went over this many times, didn't we? Hell, we went over it hundreds, if not thousands of times!" The father answered, showing a small taint of anger in his voice. "It doesn't matter for how long the Onizukas have been chosen by this 'god', our duty is to keep put and never interfere between it's wars with the other 'god'. It doesn't matter if one of them went rampart on Tokyo decades our ago, our task is to observe and never to interfere."

"But what if the bad one ever wins and-"

"And we will keep doing what we've doing for countless years. We don't do a single thing. It's not our business to interfere in their issues, it's to observe. The task of stoping them is always kept for others, as it did centuries ago on it's planet and so will it do if it ever comes back to this planet. Now stop with the questions if you know their answers."

"I understand, father..."

Back on present day, Masato sighed, placing his hands on his pockets. "Father never understood what it was to be an Onizuka. All he did was watch as that mechanical and organic sinner purged part of our world." He rubbed the back of his head. "We may not be able to stop it if it returns, but we can give to the people who brought that sinnner to Earth the punishment they deserve."