Unleashed

After wearing himself out, Stiles didn't hear anything. It was only when he rolled over that he realized Isaac wasn't there.
"Isaac? Hello?" Stiles called.
No answer. Stiles dragged himself out of bed and went downstairs.
No sign of him.
When he looked at the wall clock, he realized Deuc, Peter and Derek weren't back yet either.
A sense of dread loomed over him again. That feeling he had before that something was horribly wrong.
Stiles stepped outside and saw something different about the patch of forest ground. It wasn't lying flat.
Before he could investigate further, Peter and Deucalion drove up.
"Hey, guys! Glad you're okay." Stiles said relieved. The waved to him but they didn't seem happy.
"Hi, Stiles. Some bad news. We lost Derek." Peter said solemnly.
"What do you mean lost? Where'd he go?" Stiles asked.
"Not the foggiest. One minute he was fine, next...he vanished out of the jeep. We've been looking for him all night but he's covering his tracks." Deucalion explained.
"It's his best skill." Stiles sighed.
"Unfortunately." Peter lamented.
"And I can't find Isaac. He was with me last night but now I can't find him." Stiles said worried.
"Maybe__" Deucalion started.
"Everybody shut up. I think I hear Derek's heartbeat." Peter said and followed the sound. The closer he got, he could smell blood. It lead to the tool shed in the back. And the shocking discovery of Derek sleeping, covered in blood. Stiles swallowed hard. His stomach turned.
"Derek." Peter whispered. Nudging him with his foot. Derek stirred and his eyes cracked open to see his family staring down at him.
"Good morning." Derek said casually.
"What the hell did you do?"

They sat down to have breakfast after Derek cleaned up. Hoping to get answers about the night before.
"Last thing I remember is driving to New York. That's it." Derek said.
"No idea why you took off or why you were covered in blood?"
Deucalion asked. Derek shrugged.
"Did you kill someone?" Peter asked.
"I don't know anything." Derek said frustrated. Stiles waited till after breakfast to excuse himself. Secluding himself in his room.
Trying to call Isaac.
Putting the pieces together. Finally, linking two events.
At dinner, he would push Derek more about the following night. Trying to give him one last chance.
"Der...If you did something bad, you can tell me. I can't promise I won't be mad but I'm willing to hear you out. We can talk. I'll protect you." Stiles said gently. A last ditch effort to reach his brother. It was promptly thrown in his face.
"I didn't do anything, you don't know what you're talking about and you need to drop it!" Derek snapped.
"Admit you remember!"
Stiles demanded.
"Are you that dumb? I told you several times that I don't! Leave me alone." Derek said blue eyes blazing.
"We all just need to calm down." Deucalion said slowly.
"Trust me. I'm calm." Stiles sat back down and finished his dinner.

After everyone went to sleep, Stiles snuck out and went to the shed that they found Derek to grab a shovel.
Dug on the suspicious patch he noticed earlier. His late night Archeology dig was enough to wake Peter up.
"Boy. What the hell are you doing?" Peter asked.
"Digging." Stiles answered as he dug further.
"I see that but why?" Peter asked.
"Looking into__" Stiles hit something.
"What is going on out here?" Deucalion asked. Stiles threw off all the dirt covering what was clearly a body. Isaac's body.
The shock of seeing his boyfriend's decomposing body and stench of Lye had Stiles crying.
"What the hell?"
Peter and Deucalion said together.
"No!" Derek shot up when he smelled the Lye he used to mask the smell.
He raced downstairs and out the door, meeting the others. It was too late. Busted. Everyone turned to him.
"Did you do this?" Deucalion asked.
"I...Yeah. I killed him."
Derek confessed. Ashamed.
"Oh Derek..." Peter said surprised. Then they felt this menacing aura coming from Stiles. Something cold and otherworldly. "Stiles?"
His whole body got enveloped in a black mist. All of them were too shocked to move an inch.
"What the hell is happening to him?" Derek asked. Shortly that shroud faded. Stiles stood eerily still.
"You okay, Stiles?" Peter asked.
"Me? Well I'm just fine. Thanks for bringing me out. I was so bored. All that love and happiness peace really put a damper on me. Almost got out once but that's a story for another day." He stretched and yawned.
"What...are you?" Derek asked.
"Your worst nightmare."

Brònach: A Spirit born of pure grief and misery.
It's sole purpose is to inflict suffering on other in a futile attempt to satisfy it's insatiable desire to ease it's own pain.

END