the war begins

ji-eun pov

to be honest, teaching was definitely not a career choice i would've envisioned for myself,

alas, here i was.

in my early twenties getting ready to 'broaden the horizons' for a bunch a seniors who probably loathed school.

yeah, would've expected my life to be going much better by now.

it's only for a year.

at least, that's what i convinced myself but christ, you could never be sure.

currently, i am sitting in the staff room marking my student's work with a thick red pen,

though, i've long surpassed his work there is one student obsessively on my mind...

jeon jungkook.

this boy-

he was cute originally, at first glance...

with his innocent doe eyes, watching me as if he was entranced.

what a horrid fraud because that mouth revealed his true nature,

smirking, snarky, snake-tongued deviant.

okay, so, maybe i was going too far -

call it a gut feeling but 'trouble' was printed in bold across jeon's forehead,

i knew boys like him from a mile away,

you saw them at the train station, causing a ruckus with their air-headed friends,

'i'm sure i won't, miss lee."

i blushed hard when he said that, there was something so enticing and predatory in his eyes...

i didn't like that look.

i very suddenly felt like our positions of power had switched and i was the student gaining a harsh scolding from him, the teacher.

it took me a solid minute to compose myself after his departure,

busying my mind with gathering my materials and locking the classroom, before heading to the staff room.

but even i couldn't deny the attractiveness of this boy,

i gave an angry sigh before looking at the list of the students in my senior class,

my eyes scanned the list until i found his name.

jeon jungkook.

i stared at his yearbook picture, his name suited him perfectly.

i was going insane!

"ji-eun?" a voice called out.

quickly shoving the paper behind my other books i answered with a false smile, "yes?"

a fellow teacher stuck his head around the corner and motioned, "you're the last one left in the office, close the lights will you?"

"of course sunbaenim," i bowed, cautious to keep my class roll hidden.

the man smiled and flung his maroon coat over his shoulder before turning to leave with his briefcase.

the staff room returned to it's dead and eerie state, a single lightbulb flashed above me.

i rubbed my stinging eyes and decided it was best to call it a night.

i was sure my one bedroom miniature apartment was eagerly awaiting my return.