golden boy

ji-eun pov

and as if the world was against me, all i heard throughout the rest of the day was the name jeon jungkook.

whilst eating lunch in the staff room i bitterly complained about the student from hell i had to endure only to be shut down by my fellow teachers.

stabbing several stray cherry tomatoes in my salad, i vented to taeyang, "incredible! i can't believe some of these kids! they're awful!"

taeyang glanced up from his newspaper article wearing a bemused smile he shrugged in a carefree sense, "don't worry ji-eun, it's because you're new here. you just need to loosen up."

"loosen up?!" i snapped loudly, garnering an eyeful from the ancient teachers huddled in the corner of the staff room.

clearly taeyang wasn't taking these issues seriously at all.

"calm down, who's the kid anyways?"

"jeon jungkook."

i practically spat his name.

taeyang lifted his eyebrows in surprise, "no way! i love that guy! he's like my little brother! jeon's a fantastic athlete! captain of the relay team!"

i felt my face drop, unable to process what i was hearing.

surely we weren't talking about the same boy!

i hissed, "he's trouble!"

"well, i mean sure he messes around but at the end of the day he's a good person," taeyang stated sincerely, stowing the newspapers underneath his arm.

i scoffed and rubbed my head in annoyance, trying to even out my hitched breathing .

until, taeyang said in a matter of fact tone, "quite popular with the ladies - jeon's a huge distraction to the girls."

steam whistled out my ears, shooting taeyang a dirty glare before standing up i snarled, "that's irrelevant."

there was absolutely no doubt in my mind that jungkook was some sort of playboy but to have it confirmed by taeyang only made me hate him more.

with a face like that...

distraction to the girls. hmph.

*****

jungkook pov

i chewed on the syrupy icicles, an awful habit i did when i was thinking really deeply.

today i was thinking about miss lee.

my brain couldn't even begin to understand how perfect she was, a literal goddess on heels.

i worshiped the ground she walked on, and lately, i found myself searching every tiny corner of the school for simply a glimpse at lee.

yugyeom elbowed me in the arm. hard.

snapping me out of my daze, "be careful dude! you almost got the ball!"

what?

oh.

cupping a palm beneath my red icy pole, i managed to catch the final remaining droplets of sugary colouring.

jimin threw her hand above her head and glared up at the blazing sun, "this summer is going to be a nightmare!"

i silently agreed, watching the sticky puddles melt steadily on the burning tar asphalt.

yugyeom picked up his basketball and suggested, "stuff this, i'm not staying outside. it's way too hot! let's go indoors and try to find the others."