love letters

jungkook pov

"mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell."

"mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell," i mimicked the vexatious eunwoo, pulling off an irritable high-pitched voice as jimin elbowed my stomach.

"jungkook! stop!"

i momentarily stop chewing on my grey-lead pencil, averting my glare from the back of eunwoo's perfectly coiffed hair to jimin's irritated scowl.

"c'mon min! he's just show-boating now!" i hiss, throwing a hand up in disgust at eunwoo before sticking my tongue out at him for good measure.

jimin gasps, hitting my shoulder with her thick biology coursebook, "no he's not! this is common knowledge if you'd just listen to the teacher! eunwoo isn't even that bad if you actually tried talking to him!"

"if if if...whatever i don't care -

"mr jeon! that's quite enough of talking!"

i sigh, burying my hands into my eyes, "sorry seonsangnim."

he nods sternly before addressing the rest of the class, "well! get started on experiments! let's go go go!"

i unwillingly rise from my desk, complaining to jimin as we head to pull on some white lab coats and goggles, "i'm honestly sick of hearing eunwoo's stupid voice drilling a hole through my head every lesson!"

jimin straightens her oversized goggles, dragging me by the elbow to the station in front of yugyeom and yuju, "kook, i really think it's just you who has a problem with eunwoo - he's genuinely a nice guy."

"nice guy my ass."

yugyeom raised an eyebrow as i veer in front of him and bare my teeth, unfortunately that's when i notice yuju was also staring at me with a confused expression.

i gulp sheepishly, turning to jimin, i pluck the clipboard and pen out of her hand disregarding her protests, "you do the experiment and i'll write the results!"

"but jungkook! i did that last -

"no but's! work your magic jiminie! i'll be note-taking," i wink, smacking on some blue latex gloves before bopping her flat nose.

jimin frowns but sure enough she's already started the bunsen burner and is now clipping the roots off an onion.

everything is going relatively normal until i catch yuju whispering something to yugyeom and he bursts into laughter before looking at me.

"what?" i snap.

"what's so funny?"

yugyeom wheezes for breath, sounding like an asthmatic whilst yuju blushes at the intensity behind my sentence.

she awkwardly admits under my penetrating glare, "well, it's eunha...she-she...likes you."

oh, thanks for the information captain obvious.

i try to shrug it off but now jimin has also butted into the conversation, "really?! wow! isn't that just - great! right, kook?"

i make sure to step on her foot, faking a smile, "sure is. thank you jimin for your nice yet completely unnecessary comment."

she squeals, shoving me off, "jeon jungkook! you - you - pig!"

yuju watching our interaction with as much disdain and concern in her eyes i didn't think was previously humanly possible.

yugyeom is now hacking his lungs out, and soon enough i was expecting his convulsing heart to just come flying out his mouth.

"i don't even know what to say, " i try to give an innocent response but yuju just clears her throat, "do you like her back?"