Chapter 1- Claire Willows' POV

"Claire! Claire come downstairs!' I heard my mother, Jane yell. "Coming!" I yelled back. I closed the window on my laptop and made my way down. "I'm going to your Aunt Marzia's house to give her this casserole I made since she's ill. Make sure your phone is on and don't go outside until I come back", said mother. "I know mom I'm 15, I'm not stupid", I sighed. She just gave me a smile while grabbing her coat and ran out. You can probably already tell that my mom is really overprotective. Well, the reason for that is because we already lost my father and my little sister 3 years ago. My father was dropping my little sister, Cassandra to her first day of kindergarten. As they stopped on a red light, a drunk driver came and crashed into the car, causing them to crash into a pole. The phone call we recieved changed my life. I remember us at the hospital, me holding my sister and father's cold, stiff hand, whispering "Please be alive, please don't leave me" into their still chests, my tears drenching Cassandra's little red dress. The blood on my trembling hands from their heads.Their pale, lifeless faces distorted. My mother crying with little gasps in the corner, almost passing out when the nurse came in to the room. The ear-splitting BEEEP from the machine signaling my loss. I remember the funeral, when my mother lost control of everything and jumped onto their coffins, scratching them to try to get them open, and my grandfather running up to pull her off. That terrible, terrible day that changed my entire life. And now I sit in my room all alone, worrying about what will happen to my mother and watching videos on YouTube. See, my trauma didn't change me from being a typical 15 year old who fangirls over so many OTPs. I love all the YouTubers I watch, but there's 2 that I favour more. Troye Sivan and Tyler Oakley. I might be a little too obsessed. I've always wanted to meet them, and I've been so proud at how far they both came. I was watching a troyler collab video when I got a text from my best friend Katherine. Omg guess what? Jason invited me to his party! Can u come over n help me pick an outfit plz <3 Jason is the cutest guy in our school and Katherine has had a crush on him since FOREVER. It was so cool that he had thought to invite her! Just as I was about to reply yes, I remembered my mother telling me not to go out before she comes back. I wouldn't want to worry her. Congrats Kat! I wanna come over but my mom said not to go out before she comes back. u know how she is -_- I hit send then waited for a reply. 2 minutes later I recieved a reply saying oh yea i forgot. its okay... when she comes back then you can come rite? just make sure she doesn't get worried  This is why she's my best friend. She understands everything without needing me to tell her.