A Different Story:Cato's

I lay awake on my bed, waiting for Mum to come and get me. Today was the Reaping. Every year, kids between the ages 12 and 18 are picked to fight to the death as punishment.

"Cato, it's time," my Mum yells to me. I slowly get out of bed and turn on the lights. In my closet are my lucky Reaping clothes- well, they were there.

"Mum, where are my lucky clothes?"

"I gave them to your brother. He could use some luck."

I threw on some clothes and bounded down the hall.

"Hello," my little brother, Jacob, said happily. I took a moment to look at his goofy appearance. The shirt was a little baggy because of my muscular body, and I was taller than him so the pants had to be cut.

"What's up, little bro," I said, while ruffling his hair. Jacob slapped my hand away.

"Hey, watch the hair."

"Since when did you become so sensitive about your hair?"

He started to run down the hall, screaming, "No, don't touch it." Naturally, I chased after him.

"Who's the little girl?" Jacob ran into his room and tried to close the door, but he was no match for me.

"Jacob and Cato, you know better than to run around, screaming, in the house. Shame on you two," my mum yelled.

Jacob opened the door and in unison we said, "Yes, Mum."

The bell sounded for everyone to get in place. We walked out of the house, silently. Jacob went to find his friends, and I just stood there.