XXI. His Eyes

XXI. His Eyes

I wanted to follow Nathan. Simula nang marinig ko iyong sinabi niya kagabi, hindi na ako matahimik. I wanted to know about the video... if it was the video that Molly stated in her affidavit. I wanted to know if it really exists... because if it did, then Blake was playing me all along. He kept on telling me that I wouldn't find any evidence because everything that could be destroyed had already been destroyed...

But what if he was wrong?

What if there's a video that could prove all of Molly's allegations true? Dahil bakit siya magsisinungaling? Why would Molly risk ruining the family name for nothing?

Unless there's something more to it...

Fuck!

"You're leaving?" I asked upon seeing Nathan pick up his things.

He nodded. His had dark circles under his eyes. I knew he didn't sleep last night. He kept on doing something in his laptop, and he was on the phone with someone at wee hours of the morning. Gustuhin ko mang mapakinggan ay hindi ko magawa dahil masyado siyang malayo sa akin. And he was using a different phone!

"I have to fix something."

"Harvey?"

"Yeah," he simply said, but I knew there was more to it.

"Is there anything I can do?" tanong ko sa kanya.

Nathan stared at me. Like he was studying my face. He did it for a few seconds before he released what seemed like a tortured sigh.

"Just... just stay safe, okay?" Then he planted a kiss on my lips. Wala na akong nagawa pa nang lumabas siya ng pintuan. I started to pace back and forth—iniisip kung ano ang pwede kong gawin. I knew I needed to find Thomas, too, but how would I even do that? There's no way that I'd go back to that place—much more contact him!

Alam ko rin na kahit kailan, hindi malalaman kahit nino na doon ko dinala si Thomas. There's a reason why I brought him there...

Because when I was brought there, no one saved me.

No one but myself.

* * *

My heart was racing dangerously fast inside my chest as I attempted to go to Molly's unit. It was so fucking stupid of me to leave the affidavit there! Gusto ko sanang tawagan si Pamela para humingi ng bagong kopya, but she wasn't answering! Again! She's so preoccupied lately!

I needed that affidavit. I needed to find clues tungkol sa video na hinahanap nila Nathan.

And if it's true that Thomas was the one holding the video, it was possible that he's also the one who fucking took a video of everything that transpired that night.

My hands were shaking as I tried to open Molly's unit.

At ganoon na lang ang pagtigil ng tibok ng puso ko nang makita ko ang—

"Mallary."

Hindi ako maka-hinga.

Shit.

Fuck!

"You—"

"He was noisy," he said.

My whole system was shaking in fear. I didn't know what to do. Gusto kong ibaling ang paningin ko ngunit hindi ko maialis ang mga mata ko sa kanya. He was staring at me... his eyes were wide open...