17

JANUARY — WAREHOUSE — 1:12 PM

2832 silently crawled across the slim beams after Harpo. She looked down all the men and women below. Some were siting on couches watching a television with crappy sound quality and an occasional flickering screen. Beer bottles surrounded them, mostly empty and broken.

There were seemingly less lazy and more professional gangsters surrounding a table, mumbling a plan to each other with blueprints in front of them. From what she could tell, it looked like Washington Park. "Maybe a shooting, or bomb?" Harpo muttered, offering her a pair of binoculars. She took them and looked. It seemed they were looking for somewhere in the middle of the park. It would make sense if it was a bomb.

"Hey," she said, blunting. "Why don't you talk?"

"You have no idea how often I get that," he replied with a sigh.

"Yeah, whatever, I don't care, but you being mute when we need your input isn't a good idea," she responded, putting the binoculars down. "I'm not piting you. Frankly, I've had a worse past than some abusive parents. It doesn't mean you have the right to not speak unless you just want to."

"That's not it," he said sharply. "And it's a long story."

"Then tell me," she snapped. "For God's sake, it's not like I want to hear your entire sob story. It's either you tell me the short version or you build up some balls and talk."

There was a pause, before he spoke, "There he is."

She looked in the general direction of where he pointed. A red head had just come out of a room, walking over to the group circled around the blueprints. She couldn't hear him, but it looked like he said something like, "What do I need to do?"

"What's his name again?" 2832 asked, seeing as Harpo clearly decided not to continue their last conversation.

"Matt Danvers," he answered. "Level eight to ten telekinetic, aged-"

"I just asked for his name."

He scowled, turning the mic on his earpiece back on. "Alright. When you see Sav drop down, that's your signal. I want Madilyn and Sean killing as many people as possible, and Sav on Matt Danvers. I'll be up in the rafters shooting as many people as I can."

"Understood," Madilyn responded.

"Understood," Sean chorused.

Harpo brought out the sniper he had on his back and began to take aim along the slim beams.

"Try not to shoot us," 2832 said, seriously.

"I used to be a sniper."

She looked down at the drop, and asked, "How do you expect me to get there? This is way too high."

"Got a bit of acrophobia?"

"No, I'm being rathional. If I were to drop down from this high, I'd hurt myself. It has nothing to do with fear," she replied. "You have any rope?"

In just a couple of minutes, she had fixed herself a makeshift harness and tied it to the beam. Harpo would lower her down and untie it when she reached the bottom. She looked to him in a silent ask of approval, and he nodded. Then, she jumped off.

2832 dropped down in the middle of the warehouse. Eyes immediately turned towards her. The gangsters didn't hesitate to pull out their guns and point them at her. She raised her hands, and slowly reached for her earpiece, turning her mic on. "That's the cue," she said monotonously.

Almost immediately, Harpo fired and shot two fatally, while Madilyn and Sean came out from their hiding places. The building was full with the sound of gunfire, and she would occasionally see a few be shot down by Harpo.