25

JANUARY — PENNSINGTON ROYAL BANK — 1:22 PM

"We were so close!" Madilyn groaned.

"You should have shot him faster!" 2832 yelled back.

"And killed him?" She retorted. 2832 sighed, crossing her arms as she leaned against a wall, opposite to her. "Can you breakthrough the door defences with your powers?"

"You don't think I haven't tried that yet?" She snapped. "There's a lot, and they're heavy. It's complicated and too sophisticated for me."

"What's the use of having an SN of it doesn't even work properly?" Madilyn muttered.

Any other time, 2832 would have let it go. That was the way they talked about her, and there was no use getting upset over it. To them, she was a machine and acting up would only get her in more trouble. But this time, she was already too fired up to fight off common sense.

"No telekinetic wouldn't be able to break it!" She shouted. "It requires an immense amount of power that, God forbid, I don't have! It's like me telling you, an average human, to pick up a building and move it somewhere else!"

The two girls heard the distinct sound of police sirens, getting closer and closer. "Well, it's either you give it another damn try or we get arrested."

2832 glared at her, and stormed over to the door. She could feel the large, heavy mechanics blocking them from leaving inside of the thick doors. She squeezed her eyes shut as she focused on moving it using all her strength. She felt it move an inch, and had a spike of hope. But it escaped her grasp and she fell with a gasp, breathing heavily.

Instead of helping her, Madilyn rolled her eyes, hands in the pockets of her leather jacket.

"I'm going to check the back door again," 2832 announced, merely for the fact of wanting to escape from being in the same room as her.

God, she was such an asshole. She didn't seem to comprehend that she couldn't blame everything on 2832. She was just full of anger constantly, like a saucepan full of water, almost to the brim, on a hot stove, just waiting to boil over. 2832 had thought momentarily that they had established a sort of agreement between them after she opened up to her, but she was clearly mistaken.

All the windows had been barred up, and the doors were bolted shut. The only way to get out was if the lockdown was taken down, which would happen when the police got there.

But 2832 tried the door again, to no success. She was such a poor excuse for a telekinetic.

Suddenly, she jumped back as the metal around the back door began to melt. It began from the bottom, moving upwards and over the door then ended at the other bottom side. The heavy door fell forward, and outside was Sean and Harpo, Sean holding the weapon used to melt the metal, large goggles over their eyes,

Madilyn ran over. "I heard a noise," she puffed.

"Let's get out of here," Sean declared, nodding towards the escape vehicle they had brought. The two didn't hesitate and jumped inside, Harpo punching the gas as they drove away.

"What were you thinking?" Harpo demanded. It was the first time 2832 had seen real emotion on him, and this time, it was anger.

"You told us to get Light Glider's attention!" Madilyn defended.

"Yeah, but not to rob the biggest bank in Pennsington without a plan! You didn't even know about their lockdown mechanism!"

Madilyn leaned back. "It was a spur of the moment decision."

"Yeah, well, nothing came out of it. So are you happy?"

"Actually," 2832 interrupted. "I heard another person in his earpiece. Female, possibly a bit younger than him. She seemed to be the reason for the lockdown. And, he wanted to capture me. So, now we know he's just as predictable as we figured."

"It was still stupid," Harpo continued. "You should have told us."

JANUARY — GLIDER HQ — 1:19 PM

"They're still in there," Pepper laughed, enjoying watching their two foes trapped in the bank too much. "Police are arriving to the scene. They'll never make it out in time."

"I didn't know you were such a sadistic bitch, Pepper," Tyler joked.

"Shut up."

"I just started talking!"

Rylie dropped down from the skylight, the garbage bag floating to land perfectly on a chair. His landing wasn't nearly as graceful, as he hissed at putting pressure on his leg. "I think she broke something when she kicked my leg," he groaned.

Marcus helped him up and guided him to the hospital wing—more commonly known as Monica's Section. He flopped onto the bed, letting out a sigh in relief, but twisting his face in discomfort. "I don't think we need to run an x-ray..." Monica said.

"Oh my god," Tyler gagged, just as he went in to check on his friend, before bolting at the revolting image.

A bone in his knee had popped out of the skin, looking extremely painful. "Everybody out!" Monica ordered. His friends quickly ran out, not wanting to see the leg and afraid of her commanding tone.

"How is it?" Rylie winced.

"I'm not going to lie to you. It's bad," she answered, swallowing. "That girl—Sav—she knew exactly where to hit it to break it. It's an open fracture."

"How long will it take to heal?"

"A day? Possibly?" She sighed, running her hand through her hair. "I don't know supernatural specifics. Your healing time is always unpredictable. I'll do what I can now to speed up your recovery. That means putting you under anesthetic."

He grinned lazily. "That means the pain goes away?"

She chuckled. "For a while." Monica punctured his skin with the needle, then allowed the knockout liquid to swim through his system. Darkness swallowed up his field of vision, and he could only make out small noises, before completely surrendering.

JANUARY — K16 HOUSE — 2:32 PM

"I still don't know about this," Sean admitted, scratching the back of his head. "I know Travers suggested it, but letting our SN get captured? Doesn't seem like a good idea."

"It's the only one we have, Sean," 2832 persisted. "I'll be fine. Even without my powers I can still kick his ass. I proved that twice."

"He almost got you this time."

"And he will get me next time. We just have to make it convincing so they don't have any suspicions," she said. "You two can't be involved. Madilyn needs to somehow be unavailable or unable to help me."

Madilyn snorted. "I'd happily let him take you."

2832 glared at her. "You can't make it seem that way. We just need to choose a time and place." 2832 grinned. "I fractured his leg, too. We'll have at least a day to think up a plan."