52

MARCH — THE AMO — 12:19 PM

2832 watched as Madilyn stepped up to her, the first in line. Madilyn smirked at her, dagger in hand. "I'm going to enjoy this."

"It's the only time you can best me," 2832 replied, smoothly, and her enemy's eyebrow twitched in annoyance. "But go ahead. Be my guest."

Madilyn's hand flew up and her knife cut through 2832's cheek. It stung, but it wasn't terrible. "Sav!" Rylie cried out, and was quickly silenced by a kick that sent him to his knees.

"You're going to die," Madilyn whispered, tracing the slit she had made delicately. "As much as I wish it was by my hand, this will just have to do."

Madilyn slapped her straight across the face. It hurt more than it should have because of the injury, but 2832 still turned back towards Madilyn, blank faced. Dignity was all she was determined to keep, as she was sure they'd strip her of everything else.

"Kneel," she ordered, a sadistic smile on her face as she put the sharp edge of the knife to her throat. "I want you to bow to me."

"Not going to happen," 2832 responded. "Besides, you can't kill me."

She revealed another dagger and made another wound on her thigh in anger and looked up at her for a reaction. 2832 winced a little, but her face was expressionless. Frustrated, Maidlyn repeated the same thing on her other leg.

Pepper watched, closing her eyes every time for blood was shed. She could handle doing surgery, but this was completely different. She kept on looking at the cameras, and winking, hoping Marcus would see her but to no avail. She kept expecting more agents to barge in with him in hand and then the entire mission would have failed.

2832 had impressive will power. After Madilyn got too frustrated, it went to Sean, who only punched her a few times like she was a punching bag. It seemed like he wasn't particularly enjoying it, but only did it because of peer pressure. It seemed he still thought of her like a dog that had gotten in too much trouble, so his parents forced him to get rid of them.

The only time 2832's stone cold resolve cracked was when she saw Harpo walk up with a whip. She only looked slightly scared, but more pissed. "No!" Pepper blurted, and was told to shut up by being hit on the head.

The two faced each other, just inches apart, Harpo being slightly taller. It was a challenge, of what, Pepper couldn't quite figure out. "I trusted you," he said, eventually.

"A mistake on your part." 2832 turned around and went on her knees. "Do it. It won't make you feel any better or make what happened change, but you can try it if you really want to."

Pepper watched as he pulled his arm back without hesitation and slashed it against her back with a crack. She tried to look away but the sound of the whip and the sound of her flesh opening was still evident. 2832 was closing her eyes with a calm expression, but flinched just barely every time it hit.

When he had made at least six slashes on her back, tearing her clothing, she stood back up with a little difficulty and faced him. She looked at his expression. "I told you."

A few agents went after him that Pepper suspected 2832 didn't know. She didn't hold any conversation with them like she had with her teammates. 2832 still remained blank faced but Pepper could tell she was hurting. Every part of her had been abused and it wasn't even done yet. Occasionally, she'd sway on her feet, or shake, but she'd quickly stop.