Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Brittany Dawson

"Well, while you've been having adorable little dates with Michael, I've been drowning in work at the shop," Becca says, falling beside me on the black, leather sofa.

"I can take up some shifts for you, you know," I tell her. "Like, if you want to call in, I'll take your place."

"Seriously, man, that'd be great," she says. "How about tomorrow? I have a lunch date."

"Sure, I guess I could." I nod. "And who do you have a date with?"

She shakes her head. "No one you know."

I just shrug my shoulders, focusing my attention back on the TV that was playing a new episode of Teen Wolf.

My phone vibrates in my pocket and I fish it out to find a text message from Michael. A grin takes over my face as I open the message.

From: Michael

if u were a pokemon id choose u

To: Michael

Oh God.

From: Michael

let's play titanic. u be the ship n ill go down ;)

To: Michael

Please contain yourself. I'm going to vomit.

From: Michael

is that a phone n ur back pocket bc that ass is callin my name

To: Michael

Okay, what's gotten into you?

From: Michael

nothins got into me but can i get into u?

To: Michael

Lol bye.

From: Michael

no don't leave :(

To: Michael

I won't.

From: Michael

can i come over?

To: Michael

Idk it's girls night.

From: Michael

i will be a good boy i promise

To: Michael

Let me ask Becca.

"Hey, Becca?"

"Hmm?"

"Is it cool if Michael comes over?" I ask.

She shrugs, not looking up from her white iPhone. "I don't care. I might be leaving anyway."

"Why?" I frown.

"You've got your boy toy and I've got mine," she replies, standing up.

"Ew, what? No. Never call it that." I cringe.

"Kidding," she laughs. "But I'm seriously ditching you."

I frown. "Okay."

"Have fun with Michael, but not too much fun." Becca winks, making her way to the door where she slipped on her black Toms.

"You're repulsive," I say before she slams the door shut behind her.

I pull out my phone, giving Michael the okay to come over. Not even ten minutes later he's walking through the door without knocking.

"Well, hi," I laugh, leaning into him as he sits right beside me.

"Hey you," Michael replies, throwing his arm over my shoulder.

"Have fun today?" I ask.

"No." He frowns. "I sat at home and watched the entire first season of Family Guy, which, by the way, isn't as good as the newer ones."

"Lazy," I tease.

"And what did you do today, then?" he asks.

"Um."

"I bet you watched Supernatural all day," Michael declares.

"So, what if I did?" I question, crossing my arms over my chest.

"You're so cute," Michael chuckles, squeezing me into him.

I blush, looking away from his face. My phone vibrates on the table, signaling a notification from Twitter. Before I can reach out and grab it, Michael does so for me.

"Thanks," I say, sliding across to open the Twitter notification.

"You have Twitter?" Michael asks and I nod. "What's your handle?"

As he's pulling out his phone and opening up his Twitter, I tell him my handle. He follows me, then locks the screen of his phone. I do the same, finding more interest in Michael's scruffy jawline than my phone.

"Are you going to shave?" I ask, reaching up and running my fingers against the scruff.

"Probably," he replies. "Why?"

I shrug. "I don't know. I kinda like it."

"Yeah?" Michael asks.

"Yeah. Makes you look manly and very, very attractive," I state, letting my hand just rest on his cheek as our eyes lock.

"You think I'm attractive?" Michael grins, his cheeks showing a tint of pink.

"No."

He frowns.

"I think you're very, very attractive," I then clarify.

He laughs, the corner of his eyes crinkling. "You're so cute."

It's my turn to blush. "Shut up."

I turn my face back towards the TV, breaking our locked stares. The rest of the night is spent between constant banter and pizza vs. tacos (I'm sure you can tell who was for what).

In the end, we ended up falling asleep on my couch. I woke up the next morning still in Michael's arms and, strangely enough, I didn't want to ever leave.