Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One

Brittany Dawson

It's been a long week since the tour started. In that week, I've had zero days off. Luckily, though, today is finally a free day. I planned on staying in my hotel bed all day, watch Netflix, eat food, and scroll through Tumblr and Twitter. Unfortunately for me, though, Amanda has other plans.

"C'mon, it'll be fun," she guarantees.

"I don't know, Amanda," I sigh.

"Please?" she continues to beg.

"Fine," I groan, climbing out of the messy bed.

It was seven o'clock. My day was going pretty well according to my plan, but about fifteen minutes ago Amanda came into my room with this ingenious plan. Finally, to rid her of her nagging, I agreed to it. I, Brittany, am going to a club.

Is that even legal?

///////

"Can I get a round of shots over here?" Amanda shouts at the bartender.

Upon recognizing her, he grants her this access even though she's obviously underage. Fame perks, I guess.

"When is Ashton and the rest meeting us?" I ask Amanda over the loud, upbeat music.

"They should be here in ten or so minutes," she replies. "Let's just down a few of these before they get here. I want to be buzzed as soon as possible."

After the bartender serves us a round of six shots, Amanda and I take three each. We count down from five before downing the first one, throwing our head backs and then slamming the shot glass back to the table.

"Hey!" Ashton's cheerful, Australian voice makes an appearance after we down our third shot.

"Hey, you," Amanda greets her boyfriend, kissing him firmly on the mouth.

Someone plants himself beside me and I turn to my left, hoping to find Luke (since he's the only one I've really talked to at all this past week besides Amanda). Instead, I find Michael sitting beside me. I roll my eyes and turn back to face Amanda and Ashton.

"Where are Calum and Luke?" I ask Ashton.

"They're up at the bar ordering a round," Ashton answers.

I only nod, awkwardly pulling my phone out as Ashton and Amanda begin making out. I scroll through my Twitter feed, following people from my fairly nice sized fan base.

"Hey," Michael whispers into my ear.

I jump at the feeling of his breath on my neck, turning to face the newly red haired male. "Hey."

"What's up?" he asks.

"Just sittin' here..."

"Um, cool?"

"Yeah, cool."

"Maybe cool will be our always."

"Michael," I warn him.

"What?" he asks.

"Don't," I sigh.

"I'm just trying to ease the tension."

"Well stop," I snap.

Just then, Luke and Calum appear. Luke takes a seat on the other side of me and Calum pushes Ashton over. They bring a round of twelve shots with them, two for each of us. I greedily grab at my own.

"Woah, slow down there," Luke chuckles. "You're gonna get alcohol poisoning before you can say vodka."

"Vodka," I sneer, downing the first shot, then the second without hesitation.