Chapter Three

Leo POV

Well, lunch was certainly interesting! I can't believe one of the new kids is Jason Grace from wilderness school! He obviously doesn't remember who we are, and Piper obviously doesn't remember who he is, but I definitely remember. Jason was the most popular guy at the WA, everyone knew him, everyone liked him, but he only hung out with certain people.

I walk into my next class, late as usual, and sit in the back corner. Jason is up in front, listening intently. I remember watching him like this in the classroom at WA too. I chuckle at the memory, and then realize the entire class is looking at me.

"Mr. Valdez! I asked you a question," the teacher, I forgot her name, scolds me.

"I'm sorry, must have zoned out," I reply, shrugging. I notice Jason looking at me, and I wink at him.

Why would you do that?! My brain screams at me. Why on Earth would you wink at Jason Grace?! My brain is really mad. But it's right. Oh well, I wasn't thinking, but that's alright. Thinking gets in the way of being insane.

Then, to my utter flabbergastedness, HE WINKS BACK. Then, he turns back to continue listening to the lecture. Why did he wink at me? What could it mean? Whoa, slow down there brain.

This is going to be a long afternoon. Because it turns out, all of my classes are with him. Just great.

—Time Skip—

Schools out! Finally! Freedom! I slam my locker closed and race out of the school, accidentally bumping into Jason.

"Oh, hey Leo! Hey, I'm sorry I didn't recognize you earlier, Leo McShizzle man bad boy supreme!" Jason grabs my arm. He remembers my awesome nickname? That's great!

"Hey, no prob Superman!" I reply, clapping him on the back.

"Oh, and why did you wink at my in Language Arts?" He asks, sounding oddly calm. I'm certainly not calm. Why did I wink at him?

"Oh, just cuz, y'know?" I shrug the question off.

"Actually, I don't. Care to tell me?" He grins, knowing he got me.

"Well, I'm not quite sure. You know I don't think. It interferes-"

"Interferes with being crazy, yeah, I know," Jason rolls his eyes, but he's grinning. "So, do you want to know why I winked back at you?" I immediately nod my head.

"Well, too bad! You'll have to come over and help me study first," He takes my arm and drags me over to the blue pickup we saw them in earlier. Percy, Hazel, and Nico, are already sitting in the truck waiting. Jason pulls my into the backseat so that I'm squished between him and Nico.

"Jason, we told you not to kidnap anyone!" Percy jokes.

"He's coming of his own free will!" Jason retorts. I nod.

"You didn't ask if he could come, what if we weren't okay with it?" Nico grumbled, squished against the trucks door.

"You know I would have brought him anyway," Jason pointed out. "Besides, I thought you might want to see him."

That confused me. Why would Nico want to see me? Nico just shot Jason a death glare. Hazel was hiding a giggle and Percy was just grinning and shaking his head.

"Well, as long as your coming over Leo, we should do a gossip sesh!" Percy said in the most girly voice possible. Nico snorted, and it was actually pretty cute.

Wait, what? Why are you thinking of Nico di Angelo as cute? He's a scary death person! Okay, no, he's more like an adorable death kitten.

"Oh, and because we have non-family in the car, I just have to remind everyone; NO MAKING OUT IN THE BACKSEAT!" Percy yelled. I just sit here, astounded, and blushing furiously. Nico sends Percy a death glare, and Jason just smiles.