Chapter Five

AN; So I don't really have an excuse for updating so late. Sorry. But that's not the point, the point is you are going to hate me after this chapter, but don't worry because... well I don't really have a reason. Just don't worry! 

———

Frank POV

I get to school, excited to see Hazel again. And everybody else. But mostly Hazel. Percy's blue truck pulls into the spot next to my tiny red car. I barely fit in my car. I wave at them as they get out of the car, but only Hazel and Percy wave back.

"Hey Frank," Hazel greets, she seems angry for some reason. Now that I'm thinking about it, Jason and Nico seem angry too.

"What's wrong guys?" I ask. Hazel looks back at Jason and Nico, who glare at each other.

"We'll tell you later. Let's get to class," Percy is the one who answers. We all walk to class, meeting up with the rest of my friends. Leo's not here for some reason though. Not that I'm complaining, he's really annoying.

—Time Skip—

I sit next to Hazel and Will at lunch. Will looks really worried and sad. He's not eating, just pushing the food around on his plate and stabbing the foam tray.

"Where's Leo?" Piper asks Will. I'm not sure why he would know.

"Louisiana," Will mumbles, tearing up. Louisiana? Did Leo go on vacation without telling us? I mean, he never talks about his family. And why does Will seem so sad about it?

"Why would he be in Louisiana? Will? Will, what's wrong?" Calypso asks. Everyone can see that Will is really upset.

"Will, does this have anything to do with Clarisse?" Jason asks. I'm reminded of last night, and I feel so bad about it. Jason seems really mad. Will just nods. Jason suddenly stands up, the rage in his eyes very apparent. "WHAT DID YOU DO?!" Jason screams at Will, who is full on crying now.

"I didn't want to, I tried to apologize, but he left, he left and it's all my fault," Will sobs into his hands.

"Guys, what's going on?" Katie asks, voicing what most of us were thinking. And so Piper tells us the whole story, from yesterday with Leo and Jason in Language Arts to last night when Clarisse kidnapped them. Everyone then turns to Will.

"Will, what exactly did you tell Leo?" Piper is oddly calm. I can tell almost everybody is either really mad or shocked.

"I-I, I told him that no one actually likes him, that I just agreed to go out with him out of pity, and that he should just run away like he always has," Will is sobbing into Piper's shoulder now. He obviously feels bad, and everyone can see that, except maybe Jason, who looks like he's about to murder Will. My suspicions are confirmed when he lunges at Will and pins him against the wall.

"How could you! Why would you ever do something like that?" Jason growls at Will. I run up, grab Jason, and pull him away from Will, but he's struggling hard enough that I have to pin him against the wall. Clarisse, my jerky half-sister, comes walking up to us.

"Thanks for saving my new boyfriend bro," she smirks. Wait, what?

"Clarisse, he's not your boyfriend, and why did you call Frank Bro?" Piper snarls at her. I haven't told them their childhood bully is my sister yet.

"Actually, he is my boyfriend now, and I called Frank bro because he's my brother," Clarisse rolls her eyes at Piper. All of my friends are looking at my with shock and hurt in their eyes.

"Frank, is that true?" Percy asks. Clarisse was always especially mean to him. I nod, and yelp when Jason kicks me.

"Traitor! You've been working with her, haven't you? That's why you protected Will?" He yells at me.

"No, I'm your friend, really! Clarisse is just as mean to me as she is too you! I would never side with her!" I quickly respond, but Clarisse saw her chance and took it.

"What do you mean, Frank? I thought you said you'd help me betray your friends! You're the one who knocked them out last night, after all!" Hazel is crying, Percy looks hurt, and all of my other friends look like serial killers. Will stands up and walks over to Clarisse, who grabs his hand and walks away. I stay, looking at my friends, trying to get them to believe me, but they all just turn away. I dejectedly follow my sister.

"Thanks for the help last night, by the way. And Will, your acting skills are phenomenal!" Clarisse evilly grins.

"I only did it because you threatened to hurt Hazel, you know that," I snarl at her.

"And my acting skills wouldn't have been necessary last night if you hadn't threatened Leo," Will grumbled. I had been sitting in the shadows in the corner the whole time Piper, Leo, Calypso, and Jason had been tied up in the warehouse. Clarisse wasn't lying when she said I was the one who knocked them out. I didn't want to, but she threatened to hurt all of my friends, especially Hazel.

"Well, I can still thank you two!" Clarisse beams. Why is she so happy?

"Why me, Clarisse?" Will asks. "Why did you want me?"

"Oh, because you're popular, but not because of sports or anything, because you're always happy and nice. If you're my boyfriend, people will think better of me," Clarisse explains. It honestly makes sense.

"But why did you make me drive Leo away?" Will's voice cracks when he says his previous boyfriend's name.

"Because I couldn't risk you going back to him!" Clarisse says in a duh tone.

"Why did you turn my friends against me?" I ask her, though I know the answer.

"Oh, anything to make your life miserable!" She chirps happily.

"Clarisse! Who's he?" One of Clarisse's friends, Drew, sashays up to us. She's pretty, but in a fake supermodel way. She's wearing tight clothes and way to much makeup.

"This," Clarisse gestures to Will, "is my new boyfriend, Will Solace."

"Yes, I know who he is. Good catch. But who's he?" Drew points at me.

"Oh, haven't you met him? He's the captain of the football team!" Clarisse bats her eyelashes at Drew in a mocking way. I guess I am the captain of the football team.

"No way! The Frank Zhang? The unattainable football captain Frank Zhang?" I didn't know I was popular. And what the heck does unattainable mean?

"Yep! My brother!" Clarisse proudly states. Drew turns to me, and I can tell that she is going to start flirting with me. How I can tell? I don't know.

"So, do you want to come sit with us tomorrow? I'll save you a seat next to me," Drew grins maniacally. I definitely do not want to sit with her. But Clarisse is looking at me like she did last night, and I know that the threat is the same. Besides, my friends won't want me to sit with them, if I can even call them my friends anymore.

"Yeah, sure. See ya," I quickly turn around and walk to class. But I can almost hear the triumphant smirk on Drew's face.