Chapter Seven

A/N: Hey! I decided I'd do a bit more with this story, even though I abandoned it for a while. I'm not very proud of how it was before. I think I've maybe improved on my writing since then. Oh well, we can hope! I also realized that pretty much every character is very OOC. I'm very sorry! I have no idea how I'm going to remedy that. They kinda have to be OOC for the story to work. So yeah, I apologize for everything. Especially how short this chapter is...

———

Hazel's POV

The next day at lunch, Will and Frank sat with Clarisse, Drew, and their "friends". We sat in silence, a heavy air over the table. Everyone asking themselves variations of "How could they do this?" Honestly, I understand. When I first found out, I was as devastated as the rest of the people here. But I get that Frank and Will really didn't have a choice. Clarisse is scary, and I can't even imagine the terrible things she would've done if they hadn't cooperated. 

The sleepover was a great way to get our minds of things, even if it only worked for a little while. And, three new couples were formed! Even more, this morning we found that each pair are soulmates! Still, spirits are low as everybody worries about Leo. No one is quite sure how we'll find him. If we'll find him. 

"Look!" Katie suddenly yells excitedly, pointing across the lunchroom where someone has just walked in. Wait. It can't be...

"Leo!" Piper is jumping up out of her seat and racing across the lunchroom before he even has the chance to turn to face her. But he doesn't seem interested in her. Instead, Leo walks across the room towards Frank, Will, Clarisse, and Drew. I can see him talking to them, but I don't know what he's saying. Clarisse looks furious at first, but her face melts towards smug satisfaction as Will's slowly grows more sad and resigned. Soon enough, he and Piper are walking back towards us.

"I thought you were in Louisiana!" Percy seemed highly confused. Ecstatic, but still confused. It's not an abnormal look for him.

"I wasn't. I knew that Will only said that because Clarisse made him. I dropped the hint that I would be running off to Louisiana, to see how he would react, just to be sure," Leo grins his impish grin at us as we all sit there, completely dumbfounded. "What? I'm insane, not idiotic!" 

We all share a relieved laugh. Things might not be perfect, but they're better. I suppose that's all we can really ask for, isn't it? 

———

Sorry for the short chapter! I just needed to resolve some of the angst. Sorry it's so rushed.  I'm hoping to have the next chapter, a longer one, up by Friday night, but no promises. Anyway, thanks for reading, and I'll see you soon!