03

Unedited

"Today is too slow."

"It's the middle of the week, Baek. People have school like us and jobs like us." Yixing says as he wipes down the counter for the fifth time.

"Yeah well-"

"Shhhhh." Yixing silences him. Baekhyun breaks into a small fit of giggles.

Just after fifteen minutes, a few people come in spread out in those minutes. Some people came for coffee and baked treats, some came in for lunches and breakfasts. Yixing has been walking around asking everybody the basics of 'is everything okay?' And Baekhyun cracks a laugh nearly every time at how Yixing is. He's a sweet person, but very much childish.

Once Baekhyun and Yixing day their goodbyes and thanks to the people who leave out the door, two more people walk in. Both tall, one much taller than the other and being dragged to the corner table. Baekhyun barely pays attention, but every so often he'd hear a laugh from that table. Once he decides they look ready enough, he makes his way over.

While taking their drinks, he doesn't miss the one kicking the other under the table and Baekhyun tires his hardest to keep a straight face.

Once he leaves, he heard a "You basic little bitch," and he's silently laughing. He can't help it sometimes, the things customers can say really make him laugh.

He hands the ticket to Yixing and cleans up the few spills on the counter.

One thing here is that Baekhyun and Yixing both overhear conversations and parts of them. Some really make them laugh and some they know they weren't supposed to hear. Today, Baekhyun keeps hearing and seeing the two in the corner. He hears the small replies that are too loud and the laughs they don't try to keep quiet.

Baekhyun is in the middle of making a new drink when Junmyeon gives a heads up of the two's food is done. Yixing takes that and he watches.

He finishes the drink and rings the lady up, giving her change back and she's out the door.

—-

After about half an hour, those two in the back are finished eating and from the looks of it, they are flipping a coin?

Not the weirdest thing he's seen. And he watches how the tanner one throws his hands up in a silent cheer. The other sinks down in his chair and Baekhyun knows he's the one who has to pay. Turning away from them when they stand up.

The two walk up to the counter and the smaller one is jumping around the taller, smiling and teasing.
"Jongin I swear to god," Baekhyun hears.

"Will that be all for today?" Baekhyun asks, pulling up their order.

"He wants a vanilla cupcake with the strawberry icing, please." Baekhyun nods.

Well damn, Baekhyun wasn't expecting that man's voice to be that deep. Baekhyun gets the cupcake in a bag and sets it on the counter. The man pays and grabs the cupcake from the counter, handing it to the smaller one. "Take the damn cupcake, you're driving."

Baekhyun shakes his head as the two leave. He cleans the table, collects the tip, and returns behind the counter.

——

Work for Baekhyun goes pretty slow the rest of the day, people stopping in here and there. It's when break times comes around, does he get himself a drink and a cookie and sits down at a table.

[bbh_bubbles] spicy_pcy sent you a message. (2 hours ago.)

bbh_bubbles: yo

spicy_pcy: wassup?

bbh_bubbles: work

spicy_pcy: where do u work?

bbh_bubbles: somewhere. I don't work often due to college

spicy_pcy: i go to college too, i dont work tho. I would but dipshit one and two would complain

bbh_bubbles: they sound like fun

spicy_pcy: overstatement

bbh_bubbles: :D

spicy_pcy: im gonna assume you're on break

bbh_bubbles: ya

I leave soon anyway

Its been slow, plus my friend got it covered

spicy_pcy: that's good. We can talk more then

Baekhyun smiles, and right away Yixing makes an "ooooooh" sound like kids in school when somebody's phone went off.

"Who are you texting?" Yixing teases.

"Be quiet, would you? I'll leave right now."

"You have half an our, not like you're doing anything after this."

"Maybe I do."

"Date?"

"Be quiet."

---

Baekhyun returns home and heads right for the shower to clean and relax. The hot water feels nice against his back.

He dresses in a size too big sweatpants and a random shirt he grabbed. It's still somewhat early so he decides to take a nap. He posts the picture of a flower he found on the way home from work before putting his phone down and laying down ready to sleep.

-------

yah, if it's bad I'm sorry

- syd