Chapter 7

Stepping out of the bus, I look around at the campus. The buildings tower above me looking very sophisticated and academic. Pulling out my guide from my coat pocket, I walk through the entrance looking for a building that resembles some kind of hall. That's where all the freshman are supposed to meet to receive their schedules for the semester. After 10 or so minutes of aimless wandering I decide I might be better off asking another student where the hall is. I tap an older girl on the shoulder and she turns around to face me looking vaguely interested.
"Sorry to bug you but I was just wondering if you could point me in the direction of Building A?" I ask politely.
"Just follow this pathway and take the next left and it will be on your right" she replies without hesitation. I thank her and then I'm on my way.

The hall type building is already half filled with freshman, all milling around in their freshly bought uniforms and making small conversation with fellow students around them. I stand close to the wall of the building not wanting to get lost in the sea of people. Most of them are significantly taller than me and I'd rather just stick to the sides if I can. Pulling out my phone from my bag I notice a missed call from Peter. I call him back but it goes straight to voicemail. I remind myself to ring him back later.