Its Halloween Dear.

October 30th
Simeon's POV
It starts with the ticking. Tick Tock, Tick Tock. My alarm clock is ticking away at the seconds I have left in bed. I roll over and Sams's arm around me moves and pulls me closer. Good morning he says and grins his cheeks nearly up to his ears. Hi I say trying to smile back and I snuggle my head under his chin. Tomorrows the day Sam. I say and my smile fades away. I feel Sams's hand playing with my hair, his other hand rubbing my back. I promise your gonna be fine. He says and I can feel his chest vibrate as he speaks. Looking up at him now, I grumble. If you say so Sam. He rolls on his back and I lay my head on his chest. Simeon its time to get u-. Aunt Zelda says frantically and opens my bedroom door stopping in her tracks. At first she's shocked, quickly her face turns into a grin I can only describe as "Aw look at you two!" Hilda! Hilda! Aunt Zelda yells for my other aunt and I can feel my cheeks burning as Sam and I sit up in my bed. Aunt Hilda please don't make a big deal out of this. I say resting my hand on my temples.

Oh don't you start! This is just another cute thing I need to keep for your party tomorrow. Wait what? I mumbled and I could hear aunt Hilda sprinting up the stairs, before I knew it. Snap Snap. A Polaroid now sat in aunt Hilda's hand. Please. Please God, I stuttered as the lights flickered. Throw that away I'm begging you, I say and I throw myself out of bed trying to snatch it from her grasp. Simeon stop worrying it's not like I'm gonna go show everyone this, after all he's shirtless and yum, go you. Aunt Hilda says smiling and battering her hands at me insinuating she's joking. Ha Ha very funny I say and Sam slides out of bed. He stands up and the light from the window behind him makes him appear to shimmer. I snap myself out of whatever daze I was clearly in and both my Aunts practically snort with laughter. What!? I protest and flail my hands around trying to push them out of the room I need to change and get ready for school shoo shoo! Thank you I say and close the door behind me.

So about that changing? Sam says and strolls up to me passing through my bubble of space. His fingertips snake under the edges of my white t-shirt and I can instantly feel my cheeks burning red like fire. Sam I. I start and he cuts me off with a kiss. His hands move to my hips as I look up at him slightly. Calm down silly he says and pulls me into a hug. Come on we've gotta get to school dork. He says and ruffles my hair. I grab a pair of clothes out of my wardrobe and head for the shower. Sam follows close behind. So babe what's important about tomorrow being your sixteenth birthday it's just a birthday? Sam says and I groan. I don't know Sammy I just know something bigs gonna happen I can feel it. I stop in the doorway of the bathroom and Sam puts his hands on my hips again. You know what I feel? He says and I mumble, I'll tell you what, I know what I feel. I turn around, kiss him and say so I need to shower give me five?

Sounds good babe I'll be downstairs with your aunts ok? He says and I kiss him again before closing the door. Tomorrow's my baptism I think to myself and groan. I shouldn't have to do this. I shouldn't have to sign my life of potential happiness away. There's so much I wanna do still I think to myself. Just breathe Simeon breath I moan and turn on the hot water. Simeon! Sweetheart can I come in?! Aunt Hilda shouts and pounds on the bathroom door. I was just getting ready to get undressed but sure. I say and hesitate before unlocking the door. Something feels off. I slowly pull open the door to see Sam standing in the doorway with hollow black eye sockets and thick black veins stretching out from his eyes down to his chin. Help me. Hilda's voice echos as she stretches out the word me in that creepy someone's dying Halloween tone. What the heck! I yell and slam the door shut as she continues to pound on the door. What, was that to dark to far!? Aunt Hilda yells and continues to pound so I open the door again to find her back in her normal state. What's wrong with you? I say and she takes my hand in hers. Sweetheart I'm just trying to prepare you for tomorrow night, it's gonna be rough. Your gonna see a lot of. She paused for a moment. Things, she continued. Things you might not wanna see ok. Quickly trying to change the mood and pace she exclaims Plus! It's Halloween Dear! She turns and trots down the hallway. I shower as quick as I can and meet Sam at his truck parked outside the house.

Babe what were you screaming about upstairs when Hilda went up there? Sam asked as I climbed in on the passenger side slamming shut the rusty blue door. I moaned she's just getting into the Spirit Of Halloween I emphasize the words like it's funny and Sam grins lightly punching my shoulder. Your fine babe. He laughs and we jam to music the next 15 minutes til we pull up to the high school. The grounds so sad and the leaves are all changing I liked them when they green before I say, sighing and lean my head on the window. I hear the word freak being shouted in my direction from a few cars over. With my face pressed against the glass and the cold on the window I breath out fogging up the window in a sad attempt to hide myself. They're just jealous baby. Sam says and I groan, countering him with, that doesn't make they're words any less harmful.

I promise today will be over soon and then you can come watch me at the football game and then we'll go watch a movie at your place ok? He says and I smile. The windows begin to tint casting a dark shadow on both of us til their so dark there's no way anyone would be able to see in the truck from the outside. I lean in and kiss him pressing my lips against his, running my hand across his cheek to the back of his head. Thanks Sammy I say and when I slowly open my eyes again the windows start returning to their normal shade. Let's get going I say trying to sound cheerful and open the door. After all it's just the day before Halloween and it's just High school what's the worst that could happen?

-To Be Continued...