Preminition: The Baptism - Short Chapter

October 29th
Dreamscape
Zeldas POV
Simeon's walking. Simeon's walking in the woods and I see him but I'm not with him. Quiet voices like little pin pricks in his ears echo overhead and he turns around frantically trying to find the location of the voices. Simeon, Simeon, It's Time. They whisper over and over and a blue light emanates in the distance. Sign it.. Sign it.. Sign it. We all chant our voices sound like wind growing stronger and stronger the closer her gets. He's spent hours getting ready for this, we've shown him all the spells, we've walked him through how it'll happen but he still seems terrified. On edge. The white lace on his shirt and Jeans quickly fades to the color of burnt black pitch as if someone was soaking his body in toxic Bubbly black tar.

He steps up to the symmetrical ring of blue flames and glances at everyone in black hooded robes just on the other side. I don't understand. He mumbles and holds his hands up to the flames which he deems to be not hot. He steps through the blue translucent light and walks up to the alter accompanied by a black book with rotting pages and a quill sculpted from bone. The dark fog begins to seep out of the ground lurking and bubbling around Simeon's knees as he sits next to the hidden one in the form of a Ram. The rams legs fold as he sits next to Simeon, bleating out every so often. Simon runs his hands down the back of the ram feeling it's fur. It's thick and course not fluffy like he'd expected. The ram shakes as beads of thick black blood trickle from its horns disappearing into the dark fog. Simeon gasps and wipes the blood off his hands in the leaves underneath him. Do you accept to forsake the light and follow the path of the church of the night. The ram finally speaks in a deep bellowing voice and Simeon flinches nearly leaping away from the alter. Calm Down. I whisper and Simon picks up the bone quill in front of him with shaky hands. You can do this. I whisper again. He's trembling and he's sweaty.

That's when I see it. He's 6 years old casting his first purposeful spell. Hilda and I had taken him to the park and he ran around jumping and yelling and being a dork all afternoon. Such a happy kid. I wish we didn't have to put him through this I mumble grabbing Hilda's hand. You know the rules, Hilda whispers and the ram twitches it's head now looking directly at us. Its black eyes pierce my soul sending goosebumps up my arm and Hilda grips my hand tight. Silence. It's voice booms and Simeon trembles harder. The dark fog is building, rising higher, it's at his waist now. Do you accept my offer. The voice booms again and I can see the hairs on Simeon's arms standing up. I I. Simeon's voice quivers as he lowers the quill to the page. Wait! You must slay me first and write with my blood, you must sacrifice this creature as a sign of true allegiance to me. The Ram Echos and Simeon's expression falls. I I what I c c can't. Simeon shakes and an axe appears at his feet. Kill this creature the voice booms one final time and everyone around us starts to chant Kill It Kill It Kill It Dead. The blue flames around our circle are growing higher, hotter, burning me, burning my soul. I can't make him do this. I can't. I won't. Hilda digs her nails into my wrist as I try to step towards him. Simeon! A voice echos not of my own. Someone has found us. I can't do this! Simeon shouts and takes off into the woods breaking the circle of blue flames and the ram falls to the ground now dead.

Reality
I snap up in bed yelling. Simeon! Hilda! I sprint to her room and start frantically yelling. What time is it! Where's Simeon!
-To Be Continued.