Day I die

((I'm almost done writing this fic and I can very strongly say that this chapter is my favorite. When I'm sad I go back and read the first half of this chapter to feel like not shit? Like maybe I don't suck at everything

Anyway it's really unedited!!!!

Title from Youngblood))

Michael has had enough. He's sick of this, honestly.

He and Calum had found enough useful information in the little booklet that Calum had created in another reality to realize that Ashton's kidnapping and the attack on Michael and Luke in the middle of the street a few weeks prior had been related. There was a small connection in the form of the man that like had spoken to about being married. His husband was a part of the group that he Calum in another reality had noted as "highly suspect."

Luckily, Michael had thought ahead enough to steal the mans wallet after attempting to drown him in the lake. Well, he was broke and wanted ice cream, but that's not the point. The point was, they had an address to go off of.

Except, that address was heavily guarded.

It's a large house, a Spanish style mansion with a long driveway, a gated property, and several men with massive guns milling about. They look strange, dotting the manicured lawn and standing near perfectly groomed hedges.

Calum and Michael were crouched behind one of the hedges, eyeing up the scene like they were trying to think of a good vantage point. Michael glances over and eyes Calum for a moment before deciding that he probably is assessing the situation. Like a massive loser. They've been crouched behind the llama shaped bush for ten minutes and Michael's gun is burning a hole in his hello kitty purse.

"Okay," Calum whispers eventually. Michael glances at him, trying to convey how bored and annoyed he is. If he'd known breaking into one stupid white dudes house would take this long, he would have brought something to keep him occupied. "Okay, I think we can distract the guards so that we can sneak in. I can pull down a branch from the tree, and we can jump through that window."

Calum points to the open second floor window subtly. Michael follows his line of vision and snorts.

"No," he says.

Calum blinks at him. "What? No? You can't just say no to my plan!"

"I did," Michael replies. "No, I don't want to do that."

Calum spitters for a moment before spitting out, "I'd like to see you think of a better plan!"

Michael is so bored. And his knees hurt from all this crouching. He just wants to go home and relax. And find Luke or Ashton or whatever at some point. It takes him half a second to think of a plan.

"Okay," he shrugs.

"Okay?" Calum echoes in a sharp whisper. "What do you mean o-"

Michael falls back into his ass and lifts his feet, then kicks Calum in the chest as hard as he can. Calum goes flying through the air in response, letting out a loud screech that draws everyone's attention to him and away from the hedge. The guards surrounding the area draw their guns and point them as Calum flails through the air and eventually lands in the middle of the empty lawn with a grunt.

Michael takes his time pulling out the handgun from his over the shoulder purse, rustling through loose knives and various stolen credit cards, and eventually pulling out the silencer. The guards start yelling at Calum, who's sitting up in the grass and looking around wildly like he's about to lose it, while Michael screws on the silencer. It slips a few times, but he eventually gets it on and shoves the whole gun through the bush carelessly.