Meeting the Boss

"This is your I.D. remember to keep it on you at all times. Also, the boss doesn't like it when anyone is late, especially his assistant or secretary. Everything he needs for the day should be set on his desk early morning before he arrives. His coffee should also be ready for him; he takes it black, no sugar and no cream." 

Beam nodded and struggled a bit with jotting down the onslaught of information.

"Since it's your first day I have taken care of those details for you today. Let's see, there's something else I'm forgetting...what was it?"

"Oh that's right, we are aware of your status as a medical student and your financial situation. No need to worry, everything has been taken care of by the boss." 

What did "everything has been taken care of", imply?

"Ms. Lee, I- " she smiled softly at him. They'd just met but she had already developed a soft spot for this young man. She didn't know him at all but he exuded a willingness to learn and work hard. That's why she was going out of her way to help him and make him feel at ease. 

"The mortgage on your house has been paid in full and your work schedule has been designed specifically for you in order to balance your work and school load. Here at FJ Company we understand that the backbone of a business, are the workers. We also strive to provide adequate and sufficient training and financial assistant for our employees." 

Did he hit the jackpot with this job or something? 

Wait.

 If he didn't have to worry about the mortgage, then the other bills were definitely manageable, not to mention he would have more time for med school and Niran. This job could give him a chance to make everything better again.

For Niran.

For his parents.

For himself.

Things were looking up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He had finished placing the files assistant Lee had given him on the boss's desk when the door suddenly opened. 

He turned around and was astonished at who walked into the office.

"You?" he found out too late that Pha's college buddy, Forth, was the CEO of this company. 

Forth on the other hand did not look surprised at all. It actually looked like he was expecting Beam. He slowly strode into the office, stopping next to his desk.

He stood too close to Beam that he could actually smell his cologne and aftershave. 

He smells wonderful. 

Beam froze at his train of thought and inched back a little until his butt hit the front of Forth's desk. 

Forth moved closer to him for some reason, making his heart beat faster.

The distance between them gradually decreased until their noses almost touched.

"Forth?" Was he going to be kissed again? Did he even mind being kissed by another guy, especially one so handsome as Forth? Actually, if it was anybody else he would push them away in disgust.

Anybody else? Then why am I okay with Forth?