Broken

A/N:

This one came from a dream. So of course, the basic idea was cool enough for me to write it and actually like it. It features none of the specific ships above (it has all of them); the central ship is actually one-sided MangaPoké, unrequited on the side of Misty.

. . .

Today was a good day for the Pokédex Holders.

It was a nice summer day, with no clouds in the sky to be seen. It was hot, of course, but easily bearable – there weren't very many complaints here, at least. Either way, the Pokédex Holders didn't need to complain. They had something special planned today, courtesy of Blue: swimming over at the sea cove near Pallet Town. The Kanto trainers were waiting by Professor Oak's main lab for their Johto and Hoenn counterparts.

Soon enough, a trio of flying figures became visible in the sky and landed.

"What took you guys so long?"

"It was Super Serious Gal. She fussed over her swimming suit for like an hour."

"Stop exaggerating, Gold."

"I can't help it if it's true."

The two then began yet another of their many arguments. The other five just watched for a moment with mild amusement before moving on to their own conversation. They chatted, skipping around on small subjects like local news and making up school and dealing with people who still revered them as saviors. But that was the closest they got to that topic. This had been scheduled as a day of relaxation – there was to be no talking about their old adventures.

"So wait, there's a guy in your school who-"

"Imitates me? Yeah. I would laugh, but it's not that funny."

"That seems kind of weird."

"I would just ignore him. He'll stop once people forget about him."

But eventually, Blue cut herself and Silver away from the group for a private "discussion". The other three were left behind to continue waiting for both the Hoenn trainers and for Gold and Crys to finally shut up.

"Look, Gold, I don't care if we're dating, the point is-"

"Aha! So you admit that we're dating!"

"No, it's just that-"

"Uh huh. Right. Next, you're going to tell me that we just went out for a movie that one time, which doesn't "constitute a relationship" even though it was one of those sappy chick-flick things and you sobbed on my shoulder for the whole movie."

"I already told you to stop exaggerating. And if you're really going to be this annoying, maybe we should stop da – doing whatever it is we're doing."

"What? No! Crys..."

And so on. Guess they weren't going to stop for a while.

Their continual bickering made it hard to hold a conversation without more people, so Red, Yellow, and Green just fell into silence. They were starting to feel a bit impatient – and perhaps nervous. Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald were expected to be here by now. It was in each of the three's thoughts that maybe, just maybe... they were held up by something much more important than the gathering today. And not in a good way.

"They're going to be here any second now. They have to be. Maybe Ruby's just looking at all of the stores. Or arguing with Sapphire again."

The other two looked over at Red, taking in his words before accepting them with a smile and a nod. He was right. Even a fan attack would be more likely than the off-chance that their dark thoughts were actually happening – and Kanto people were more mellow in general, never mind the fact that Hoenn was a whole sea crossing away and not really a concern for the average person here.