Prolouge

"That's the last of them." I said to myself as I taped the last moving box shut.
"Izzy! Come on, get your boxes out here!" Jane yelled from downstairs.
"Do you have to go?" Madeline asked from beside me.
"Look, it wasn't my decision to move to Blithe Hollow." I replied, stacking the boxes so it would be easier to carry.

"I know, it's just that....we'll miss you." Mum replied.
"And my playmate will be gone." Added Madeline.
I fell silent before hearing a thump from the room next to me and some muffled crying. I got up and quickly investigated what was wrong.
"Issac, are you ok?" I asked, walking into the room to see my older brother lying on the floor with his hood up.
He didn't reply but held up his phone towards me, I grabbed it to see what was on the screen.

Daniel
D: Hey Susie, last night was so much fun ;) Hope we can do it again sometime when my bf isn't around.

My mouth fell open and I could see Mum, Dad and Madeline trying to reassure Issac, but he ignored them, well I couldn't blame him, I mean, he can't see them.
"Daniel cheated on me." Issac's muffled voice came. "Cheated on me for a girl."
Then he broke down, crying on the floor in the empty room. I patted his back, already plotting to kill his cheating boyfriend, as he calmed down.
Once he calmed down I gave him a hug, telling him that I needed to put the last boxes into the moving truck, and left just as he called Daniel.
"I'm going to miss you." I said to Mum, Dad, and Madeline, trying to give them a hug but failed, so they just surrounded me lightly before I picked up the boxes.
"Take care of yourself and Issac." Dad said as I started walking out of the door with boxes in hand.

"I will, I just wish you could come with us." I said a little sadly.
"Well you know, we can only stay where we....passed." Mum said a little hesitant.
"I know, see ya Maddie." I said as I left the room, leaving the spirits in the empty room.

I walked out of the house and put the last of the boxes into the moving truck just as they were closing the door.
"What took you so long?" Arthur asked.
"I was just telling Mum, Maddie and Dad goodbye." I replied as Issac walked out of the house slouching.
Jane and Arthur exchanged glances before nodding slowly. "Um, ok, come on, we're going to go soon, get in the car."
I nodded and headed to the car while I heard them two talking.
"Relax, it's just a way to cope with the pain." Jane told Arthur.
"But this has been going on for two years, she would be over it by now."
I sighed, they don't believe me, no one does, well except Issac. He can't see them but he believes me that they were there.
"What did Daniel say?" I asked.

"He said that they were studying, but he was stuttering, he stutters when he lies. Also how can studying be fun?!" Issac replied. "So I ended our relationship."
"Well that's darn good, maybe you'll find another boy when we move." I said, trying to make him feel better.
He smiled. "Thanks Izzy."
I smiled back as Jane and Arthur got into the car and started the engine. I quickly looked out of window to see a last glimpse of the house and could see Mum, Dad and Madeline looking out of the window, smiling. I smiled to them and waved, which they waved back until I couldn't see them.
I slumped into the seat and closed my eyes, hoping to get some sleep to make the long car ride shorter.