Chapter 1: Unpacking

I looked out of the car window as we drove through Blithe Hollow, it seemed ok so far.
"Look, there's your new school." Jane pointed out as we drove down the street.
I looked to see a fairly-sized building with a signboard that said 'Blithe Hollow Middle School'.
"Wow, original name." I heard Issac say sarcastically from the left of me.
"Woah, what's wrong with you Issac? Hormones already getting to you?" Arthur asked looking into the rear view mirror.
Issac didn't reply instead he shifted in his seat and stared out of the window, not saying a word.

"Issac, you can tell us whatever's on your mind, we won't judge." Jane said twisting around in her seat.
"Oh, so you don't judge whatever Issac says and yet you don't believe me seeing ghosts?" I interjected, looking at her dead in the eye.
"Honey, ghosts don't exist. They might be hallucinations from the head collision you had during the accident." She replied.
"The accident was two years ago. I think the so-called 'hallucinations' would have stopped by now." I retorted.
"Well some head injuries can be long-term lasting." Arthur interjected.
"I'm not lying about the ghosts! They're real and they talk to me and I talk to them!" I cried.

"We're not saying you're lying, we just think...you know what? Never mind." Jane said before twisting back in her seat to face the front.
I sank low into my seat, grumbling, while Issac still didn't say anything.
We drove in silence until we came to a stop outside of a house with a 'SOLD' sign on the front lawn.
"Here we are." Arthur said, putting the parking break on and killing the engine.
I got out of the car and looked at the house. Two-storey, but smaller than the house we moved from.
"I don't get it." I grumbled. "You say we're moving to a bigger house yet it's way smaller than the one we moved from."

"Anyway, why did we move?" I heard Issac ask.
I saw Jane motion for Issac to come closer and told him something quietly. I saw Issac say something back before walking off to grab some boxes.
'Eh, he'll tell me later.' I thought to myself as I took my boxes out of the truck.
"Come on, you can choose your rooms." Arthur said while unlocking the front door and I immediately bolted into the house as soon as the door opened, right after Issac.

I found the stairs quickly and raced up before coming to a stop outside two rooms to see which one was bigger.
"I dibs this one!" Issac said while lightly pushing me out of the way and raced into, the bigger room.
"Great, thanks big bro." I said sarcastically and walked into the one next to him.
It wasn't too small but fairly sized with a partly sloping ceiling and window seat that looked out to the street. I plonked the boxes down and sat down onto the window seat, looking out towards the street. I could see ghosts walking or floating around and talking to each other. I smiled slightly before remembering something and walked to Issacs new room.
"Hey." I said walking in to find Issac sitting on the floor.
"Hey."

"What did Jane say when you asked why we moved?"
"She said they were getting a little tired of you telling them ghosts are real and speaking to mum, dad and Maddie." Zach told me.
"And what did you say back?"
"I said that they're real and walked off."
"Wow, they're our adoptive parents and yet they still don't believe me. They just say they could be hallucinations from the head injury I got from the accident." I said to myself. "Thanks big bro!" And I walked out of the room to help with getting the furniture out of the truck.

Norman's P.O.V
I sighed as I trudged up the stairs, hearing my parents fighting from downstairs. Geez, I just asked to turn the thermostat up for grandma.
"This behavior might be okay with your side of the family, but I'm not putting up with it anymore! Not me!" I heard dad declare from downstairs.
I flopped onto my bed before picking up some zombie action figures and recreating the fight using the figures for a bit before tossing them somewhere on my bed.

"This isn't the West Coast, Sandra, people talk! They do!" Dad said.
"He's just sensitive, Perry." Mum replied.
"Oh please, "sensitive" is writing poetry and being lousy at team sports... not this! I won't have him turn out like that uncle of yours and his friend! If those crazy old tramps has been around here putting ideas in Norman's head..."
"Perry, no one's had anything to do with Uncle Prenderghast or Simon Ghasto in years! I bet they don't even know what Norman looks like!"

I tuned out the fight by shutting the door and looked out of the window to see a moving van and car out of the front of the house across the road. I could see a lady with long strawberry-blonde hair tied up helping a man with short blonde hair get furniture out with a couple of the workers. There was a boy, looking around Courtney's age with shaggy brown-black hair with his hood up grabbing some of the smaller furniture with a girl looking around my age with short wavy hair which was black which faded down to silver and had bright green eyes. I looked between the two adults and the kids, they looked nothing alike, weird.
'Or maybe they're adopted, that could be a possibility...' I thought to myself.

Isabelle's P.O.V
I plonked down the last box in the kitchen and sat down onto one of the chairs, waiting for Jane and Arthur to come downstairs from putting the bed frames together.
"Izzy, can you find the box with the sheets in it and bring it up here?" Jane called from upstairs.
"Yeah, if I find it." I replied before looking at the sea of boxes that spread throughout the kitchen and the table. I sighed and started looking for the box that had 'sheets' written on the side.
After awhile of searching I had managed to find the box of sheets and brought it upstairs to Jane.
"Thank you."
"No problem."

~~Time Skip~~

After awhile we had managed to unpack around half of the boxes and had arranged the furniture in the house.
"Phew, I'm sooooo tired." Issac said, sitting down next to me on the sofa.
"I would cook, but all the boxes containing the kitchen stuff have mysteriously blended in with all the other boxes." Jane said, sitting down next to Issac.

"Pizza for dinner?" Arthur suggested.
"Heck yes!" I said excitedly along with Issac.
"Ok, I'll order." Arthur said, grabbing the phone. "What pizza do you guys want?"
"Chicken Supreme!" I called out.
"Meat Lovers!" Issac declared.
"So Chicken Supreme and Meat Lovers it is." He said and called the number.

~Another Time Skip because I can't be bothered~

I flopped backwards onto my bed, full from dinner, and slipped under the blanket I was using as we hadn't unpacked the quilts yet.
"Night Issac." I said to him on the other side of the wall, my voice kind of echoing.
"Night Izzy." Issac replied and fell silent, where I guessed he was trying to sleep.
'I should get some sleep too, I have school tomorrow.' I thought to myself, yawning, and laid my head onto the pillow, closed my eyes and fell asleep.