not alone

I can feel the tension, it's very clear that all eyes are on me. Fortunately, I'm not the only girl here. There's Elizabeth the principal's daughter. I'm not sure why I didn't expect her to be here. There's Elora, I know her, she delivers the papers. I have no idea on how she got in, being more poor than my family. But then again, I cannot speak! I hope we can all become good friends.

The teachers yell at me plenty. It's like its their desire for me to fail! There's this one teacher, Mrs.Lillian, who I have formed quite the bond with. She loves my writing and said she would like me to write new stories for her to tell to tell her children. I love Mrs. Lillian very much. I wish she was my own mother.

Mother is always drunk. She very often is saying very cruel things to me and my family. The dresses she makes can easily be described as beautiful. It's said by my father, those dresses show there is still some of my mother left in her. For that, we have hope. Hope that one day she will stop drinking and love us again. We all try our very best to please her. We don't like seeing our already broken mother upset.

My corrupted family, we cannot judge mother. Every one of us has issues of our own. Issues we do not speak up. These are the things Barrin and I chose to ignore.