Peter Quill

You reached into the bowl to pick a slip of paper. You dug around in there for a bit before pulling out a slip of paper. After unfolding it, you saw a name plastered on said paper: Peter Quill. You gulped. "Quill, let's go." You said, standing up as you placed the slip in your jeans pocket. Quill got up quietly and followed you to the closet. You had a very large crush on Star-Lord, but you knew he had an unspoken thing with Gamora. So, that just left you to be in your own misery and heartbreak.

You stood there awkwardly in the closet with the half-Terran (or half-human), and kept blushing. Thankfully, he couldn't tell you were blushing; it was dark. Peter cleared his throat and looked at the floor. "So...what should we do?" He asked, making your heart jump from hearing his voice just suddenly speak. "I-I have no clue, Peter." You said honestly. He inhaled deeply and put his hands in his pockets.

You thought for a good minute, before deciding to speak. "I'm sorry if this is awkward—I know I'm not the person you wanted to play this game with," you blurted. Peter furrowed his eyebrows. "Y/N, what are you talking about?" He asked. "Don't play dumb, Peter. You have an unspoken thing with Gamora, and I'm nothing but a coworker and a friend to you. That's all I'll ever be. I'm not some green alien cyborg girl that can kick ass as good as she can. I...I'm just normal, and I can't even look at you right now because of my crush on you." You admitted.

Peter's heart leapt out of his chest. "Y/N...I used to have a thing for Gamora, but I haven't for a while now. The only thing that's been on my mind for quite some time," he said grabbing your hands, "is you." He said, knowing he could look into your E/C eyes even in the dimly lit closet. You stared back into his, seeing that he was telling the truth. He liked you back! You wrapped your arms around him, as if you were going to hug him, but Peter pulled you closer to him and gently placed his lips on yours.

The kiss took you by surprise. It was your first ever kiss, and you'd been dreaming of this moment since the first time you'd ever met Star-Lord. You kissed back hesitantly, feeling slightly awkward, but knew you were okay as long as you had Quill.

A/N: You either have ending (A) where it's all fluff and whatnot, or ending (B) where it becomes a little more mature. I'm crediting LostSushiRoll for their idea of having two alternate endings. Please read their stories—you won't regret it.