01

A brown haired male sat with a sad smile as he saw the posts of coming season on his social media. In a few weeks it would be the time when, like every other year, the couples will start the coming season with their special someone marking another beautiful moment in their lives.

Winter was coming.

However, in the case of this young male who was in his early twenties now, it would not be the same. He would be flaunting to his friends and neighbours with a fake yet convincing grin about how happy he was to be able to stay out of the grip of a lover and, once again, would enjoy the amazing moment all by himself. But the truth of the matter was that he felt empty and tired of waiting for someone to fill the void, in his heart and his life, that he had been keeping hidden from the world.

He tried to date people without informing his friends- all of whom had been successfully dating or were married for years now and often mocked him for his lack of spouse- but had failed in all of his attempts since no girl or a guy ever clicked with him. One would think that being bisexual allowed a person to have more options in life than a straight person when it came to dating but unfortunately no one from either gender seemed to be interested in giving this gentleman a chance. His dates never took a single step past the first coffee with him and it had become so regular that Jungkook would only count the minutes before his date would apologise with a lame excuse like they don't think it would work out well.

Maybe there's just no one made for me.

He thought to himself and sighed as he leaned back in the sofa waiting for another one of his suggested date to appear- and most probably end it within an hour before it even started properly- when an unexpected voice interrupted his thoughts

"Jungkook?"

Startled by the familiar questioning voice the said male turned to the direction he heard it from and saw his older blond friend, Jimin, walking towards him. The brunette blinked twice as he thought of coming up with an excuse for his presence in the hot spot for dates since he had no business there being a lone wolf. Immediately, a cheeky grin formed on his face as he greeted his short friend with a nod and gestured him to sit across himself which the blond did.

"Hyung! What brings you here? Actually, never mind. I can guess."

The said male chuckled and shook his head before leaning forward on the table with curiosity dripping from his entire form as he studied his friend to find out the answer before even asking what he wanted to ask.

"I should be asking that from you. Spill it, Kook. Who are you here to see?"

The brunette kept his grin intact although his mind already gave an answer which never escaped his lips.

I wish I had that luxury.

"Don't fly too high. I'm here just because of a stupid dare."

Jimin deflated like a balloon and clicked his tongue in disappointment.