03

Jungkook lifted his head up and looked at the older like he couldn't hear him at all. It only made Hoseok lose his patience bit by bit.

"Can't you just tell me who he is and what happened between you two? It's very obvious that you clearly don't like seeing him with that guy. What's going on? Tell me."

Jungkook didn't seem even a tad bit fazed as he chuckled at his hyung and shook his head.

"You're really over your head here. I really don't know him nor did anything happen between us. Honest."

The red haired male pinched his nose bridge and sighed.

"Then why did you look like your gut was being cut open when you saw them kissing? That's not how you react to strangers."

Jungkook's jaw clenched visibly even though his grin kept intact.

"I was just amazed at how openly they were expressing themselves. I was stunned by their courage. That's all."

Hoseok felt his blood boil at the stubbornness of the younger.

"I really want to hit you right now. What exactly are you achieving here by shamlessly lying to me like that?"

Jungkook laughed heartily but the older could see through how fake it was. If he hadn't seen the look on Jungkook's face before he would have been easily fooled because the boy was a pretty good actor.

"Don't stress yourself over nothing hyung. Come on let's go."

He gestured for the waiter to bring the bill and waited patiently while ignoring the older's stern gaze on him completely. Once the bill was there he tried to pay it but Hoseok being older and fairly richer than him didn't allow that. He quickly paid for the meal and followed after Jungkook since the younger didn't spend another second in that restaurant after the cash was put down.

The small distance home was covered in attempts of talking about the matter again by Hoseok and constant shut down of those attempts by Jungkook. Once they were at the younger's apartment, the brunette thanked him for the meal and asked if he could do anything for the older in return. Hoseok asked him the same question for the millionth time but it only got him a small laugh followed by a goodbye and shutting of door casually.

Hoseok was very uncomfortable. He couldn't get rid of the contradictory images of Jungkook from his head. Why would the younger do that? What went down? Why didn't the grey haired guy notice him if they both knew each other?

It was those questions and that discomfort that led him back to that restaurant and to his luck that couple was still there. He stayed outside and waited to see them after they would come out. It was almost a twenty minutes wait after which the couple came out holding hands looking as happy as ever.

"Xiuminie, how could you do that to me? That was so embarrassing?"

The red head turned his head at the sound to check if it was the couple and to his relief it was. Just as Jungkook was shocked to find out what Taehyung's voice sounded like, Hoseok was taken aback as well. He recovered from his shock soon and went ahead to confront the two males.

"Excuse me?"

The addressed guys looked at Hoseok's direction and widened their eyes slightly in a questioning way before speaking simultaneously.

"Yes?"

The red haired male cleared his throat before looking at Taehyung and spoke.

"Can I talk to you for a second?"

The couple exchanged confused looks before the guy with dark brown hair spoke up looking defensive of his boyfriend.

"Why? Is there a problem?"