02

A few weeks passed after the encounter and the more time passed the more depressed Jungkook became since the hype around him about the coming season increased two folds in just seven days. For the first time it happened that Jungkook stopped leaving his house frequently and started making excuses to avoid going out with his friends whom he had always told that he would always be willing to join no matter what. Something that boggled his mind even more was that this time he didn't even have the small string of 'at least I tried' since the date he was supposed to meet that day never showed up and to top it off he failed at getting his chance at someone who took his breath away.

This year he had absolutely nothing.

The brunette was brought out of his thoughts when he heard the knock on his door at which he just stared in the direction and rolled to the other side ignoring the sound altogether. He was in no mood to attend any hyperactive friends of his who would have probably come over to tell him what their grand plan this year was even if it was, more than often, nothing more than just giving their lover a cute hug and kiss in the most romantic way at the first sign of white cotton balls falling from the sky.

"Fuck this. Fuck them all."

He mumbled to himself as he pulled the sheets over his head wishing he would just disappear.

The knocking stopped after a few attempts and he was more than glad to be left alone. Jungkook didn't realize how long he laid their on the bed on that Saturday, a day which he usually spent goofing around with his friends mocking them how they'll probably break up by the next year. Apparently his words never came true, not that he ever meant them in a cursed way.

If only he hadn't said that he wanted to remain single forever he might not have been in the present situation at all. The annoyed male kicked himself mentally for proudly wishing something so absurd which just got stuck to him like a curse now.

His thoughts were interrupted once again when he heard his main door opening. In an instant he knew who it was. Only one person had spare keys to his apartment.

"Jungkook-ah?"

The bright voice of his red head friend, Hoseok, boomed in his head and he decided to pretend to be asleep since unlike Jimin, Hoseok was decent enough to not bother someone whom he found sleeping.

"Yah, jungk- oh!"

As soon as the new comer saw his target sprawled on the bed on his tummy he quiet down. He stopped there for a second wondering if he should wake him up or not for a while. Since it was an important matter he whispered a small apology before going ahead and shaking his dongsaeng to wake him up.

"Kook?"

No response.

He shook him again and Jungkook clenched his jaw wondering why on Earth did the only thing he was happy about at the moment had to be turned against him. He stayed put, not moving at all, hoping the older would take the signal and leave. Unfortunately, that could not be done.