04

"How could they do that?"

Taehyung chuckled mockingly and took the phone back when the brunette returned it, still looking shocked.

"That's what I thought too. How could they do that? And to their own son, no less. It's like he was a punching bag in their house whom they practiced on."

Jungkook kept shaking his head trying his best to not imagine the extremely handsome guy he once saw in a bruised and bloody state.

"I still can't believe they would do that just because he didn't tell them his sexuality. Please tell me you called the cops on them and your boyfriend is safe."

Taehyung smiled once again as he took another big sip and leaned on the sofa's arm rest dropping his head over it.

"I did call the cops but when you're a rich asshole you can buy just about anything including justice. As for Xiu, he's in coma. He received several harsh blows to his head that made him lose his consciousness. There is almost no hope that he'll ever wake up. His family is already deciding whether to pull the plug tomorrow or not.l instead of letting him live for a few months at least."

Jungkook listened quietly, now anger seeping into his blood slowly like a viper approaching it's prey.

"You guys looked so happy that day. I felt so jealous to see you two that it turned my insides. I can't believe such a dreadful thing could happen to him. Why is it always the good guys that get the worst in life? That's so unfair."

Taehyung didn't respond as he tilted the empty can to see it there was any drop left.

"And I was so stupid to never notice that he was going through all that every time he spent time with me. His body was loaded with bruises but I never saw any. And when I decided to pay him a surprise visit I didn't realize I had written his death sentence. His father sent me away immediately when he saw us kiss in his room and just a few hours later I received his text telling me to know what I did. He sent pictures as well but I deleted them. I couldn't look at them."

Taehyung sniffed as he sat up and sighed deeply.

"Do you have soju? I don't think this is going to cut it."

Feeling the other's emotions, Jungkook got up from his spot without any words and when he came back after a few minutes he had a bottle of Dr. McGillicuddy's in his hands. Taehyung saw the bottle and laughed slightly.

"Why do you have that? Are you old enough to be drinking?"

Jungkook grinned as he sat down and pushed the bottle towards the grey haired male.

"I'm twenty one so I'm old enough. And this here is a beast. You won't know yourself once it works its magic. You should let it take control of you for the night."

Taehyung couldn't stop himself from laughing a bit more at the way Jungkook tempted him to drink.

"Ah, you're younger than me by just two years. By the way, I'm not controllable once I lose it. Are you sure you want me to take the beast?"

Jungkook chuckled at the mock since it made him happy to see Taehyung feeling lighter even if it was just for a while. At least he was laughing from his heart and that too because of the brunette which was better in his opinion than seeing him cry over his loss. That alone made sparks go up in the younger's tummy despite the situation they were in. It might have been the beer from before but he was sure that Taehyung definitely had a part in it.

"It's not like I have someone coming over later so that's one thing you don't have to worry about. And I'll just lock you in the bathroom and go to sleep if you try to become an opera singer at some point."