18. you're going to deal with me

Hoyeon's POV

"God, it's Thusday already?" Jihoon stretched out his arms. "Why? You don't want it to be the weekend?" I asked him and put my bag's strap back to place. He looked at me unbelievably.

"Of course, I want it to be the weekend. I just hope the teachers won't give us homeworks nor projects. I'd had enough shit for this week." I nodded and we finally arrived at the bus stop.

"I can see what you mean by that." I replied and I heard him mutter, "Yeah, that asshole Park Jisung. He was good in his old school, why transfer? Because Sooji's there? Like they'll last long."

I smirked. "Jihoon, there's no need to be jealous." He glared at me and pouted. "Excuse me? I am straight, if I have to tell you again. Anyway, where's Jisoo noonah? And don't tell her I called her 'noonah'." I chuckled and stepped in the bus that stopped in front of us. Jihoon followed me inside and sat beside me.

"She left early because the text she sent didn't actually got sent, so she have to go back to their place to tell Yuqi she's fine." He replied with a nod.

"Why're you beside me?" I asked and looked at him weirdly. He threw back the look on me. "Um, don't we always sit to each other when we ride the bus?"

My mouth formed into an 'o'. "Oh, right. You're Jihoon." His eyebrows raised even more, like it's on its way to Mars. "What now?" I asked when his expression looked down on me with disgust.

"What has gotten into you? Are you pretending that you don't know me now?" I looked outside the window. "I'm just playing dumb with you. Don't take it too seriously."

The both of us stayed silent until the bus started and went on. After how many minutes of silence, I only heard Jihoon said, "I'm not dumb to you, and please don't play with my feelings for you.."

•••

Jihoon and I walked in the school, but we were stil quiet. The walk inside the building is so fucking awkward and I think I'm suffocated by the eerie silence.

"Sorry, Jihoon. For earlier. You don't need to apologize." I said and I felt his gaze on me. I heard him sigh. "It's okay. I was being too dramatic, wasn't I? The three of us should avoid this kind of attitude. It'll break our friendship apart."

I put up a small smile. "I know." We looked at each other and he suddenly wrapped his arms around me. "What--"

"Bear hug from brother bear!" He said cheerfully and hugged me tighter. "Ack! Jihoon~! You and Jisoo are the bears." I felt myself being lifted up. Jihoon dug his face on my neck. "Doesn't that tickle you?" He asked.

"It's your head you used, not your finger nor your chin." I said and kicked my feet, almost hitting his.. yeah. "Oh, come on. You almost hit it again!" I only grinned at him.

"Now, put me down, for John without hair gel." I announced at him. He pouted at me and placed me down. "Wow, you guys looked like a newly wedded couple." Jihoon and I looked behind to see Jisoo with Yuqi behind her.

"I think the pretty lady behind you was jealous." I said and Yuqi suddenly flinched. "E-Excuse me?! I am not jealous at all!" Jisoo, Jihoon and I laughed.

"Pfftt, yeah, right."

"It's okay, I'm not gonna touch your man anymore."