Chapter 8: Lily

Leila's POV

"Where are you now?" Alex asked me. We were on the phone. I was walking towards the entrance because that was where Liam told me to meet him.

"Listen, I've gotta tell you something"

"Is there no more food?" she sounded genuinely worried.

"Don't worry the food's safe"

"Liam's giving me a ride home" I was biting my nails because I was scared she was going to scold me for leaving her to go home alone. Ana would only send us to campus. Most of our classes end at different timings so Ana would only give a lift to those who ends class around the same timing as her.

Alex and I finished classes around the same time on Monday's so we would usually go home together.

I waited for a long ass lecture but instead, I got a squeal.

What the fudge.

"OMG THE SHIP OF LILA IS SAILING" she screamed. I instantly slapped my forehead.

"Lila?"

"That's your ship name," she said in a 'duh' tone of voice.

"So you're not mad that I'm not going home with you?"

"Why would I be mad that the ship is sailing"

"Ugh"

"Anyways I'm fine with going home on my own, I can get food for myself" as she said that I could imagine the mischievous smirk on her face.

"I might have done something"

"What did you do?"

"Wellllllllll"

"Leila Ivy Jones, what did you do?"

"I might've called Mason and asked him to give you a ride home"

"YOU DID WHAT"

Thank god I broke the news on the phone instead of in person.

"WHAT AND WHY DID YOU DO THAT" she added.

"I FELT BAD THAT I LEFT YOU TO GO HOME ALONE OKAY"

"I'M A BIG GIRL I CAN GO HOME MYSELF"

"I'M SORRY OKAY"

"Do you realise what you've just done?"

"What did I do?"

"I can't get my food because I'll feel bad for making him bring me places"

"If anything you should be thanking me"

"And why would I do that"

"I saved you a lot of time instead of letting you go home taking the public transport. Now you have a personal chauffeur"

"Besides you two really need time alone to realise you're perfect for each other"

"If only you could see me rolling my eyes right now"

"But you're not denying anything though" I said smirking because I knew I won this battle.

There was a moment of silence until she spoke, "I just don't like how he plays girls like they're toys"

"Well maybe you could be the one to change him"

"Alright I see him on his bike I'll talk to you later"

"Oh and Leila" she added.

"Yes?"

"When you see me later remember to run because I going to kick your ass, bye sweetie," she said then ending the call.