zhan long 796

Chapter 796 What Fault?

Tian Ling City was already in battle mode. Everyone was much more nervous than last time. Even the little peddler didn’t dare to shout as loudly, as though afraid that he would attract a Hybrid Demon’s wrath upon himself.

  ……

After I repaired my equipment and replenished my potions, I went straight out of the city. Li Mu, Wang Jian, and Wan Er all met up with me along the way. After the battle of the Sea of No Return, we had taken some heavy losses among our members. At the very most, we could send out 1500 Steel Blade Horsemen, 2000 regular Knights, and along with the players from other classes, we would have a total of 7000 or so. However, if we’re just fighting against the Blood Giant Kehl, then it was useless to just rely on numbers. A BOSS of this rank clearly needed a strong NPC to attack with us. Thankfully we have Frost, so that wouldn’t be an issue. 

Last minute tents and preparations were being made throughout Gale Forest. Wild bears, boars, and other forest animals didn’t dare to come out from the shrubbery. Gale Forest was practically and completely occupied by the humans. I continued trekking forward, and once I made it out of the shrubbery, I was stunned by the scene that was laid out in front of me.

The lake right before me was the rumored Deer Lake. It was the only lake in Tian Ling City that was directly connected to the Sea of No Return. Countless war boats were docked in the lake. All of the war boats that came from the Revered One had been made to look like the man made boats under Luo Lin’s supervision. Standing on the boats were numerous Magic Sword Masters and Level 4 Hybrid Demons. Each boat had a line tied to the end of the war boat with Stone Giants at the other end. Motherf*cker, so that’s how those Giants made it here?

The Giants had incredible vitality, and while they couldn’t swim, they couldn’t drown either. Although the Hybrid Demons couldn’t match the intelligence of humans, idiots always had idiotic plans. Just seeing this sight nearly made me laugh.

However, it is exactly this kind of stupid idea that left the Tian Ling City armies with no counterattack. Most of the Flame Dragon Army and Xia Yu Army soldiers were guarding the two banks. Cannon fire lit up on both sides and arrows flew through the skies, but none of it could stop the Blood Giant Army’s advancement onto our shores. Masses of Magic Sword Masters rushed onto land and clashed with the NPC soldiers.

“Another chance to earn achievement points?” Li Mu smiled, “I didn’t go back to Tian Ling City to repair my Neptune’s Blade for nothing. He pulled out his Neptune’s Blade and yelled, “Brothers, prepare for battle!” 

There were only a few guilds that had built up a foundation to take on the Hybrid Demons. All of the shrubbery surrounding Deer Lake had been trampled flat or was used to make tools. I could see countless bodies lying on the banks. Clearly, a fierce battle had already been fought here. Only a few remaining small guilds were fighting the Hybrid Demon here and there. 

The arrival of [Zhan Long]’s seven thousand man army was without a doubt a massive morale boost for everyone. The fifteen hundred Steel Blade Horsemen opened up the path and cleared out an area near the lake for us to set up our formation. Healers, archers, and other ranged players lined up into their respective places and began attracting the Magic Sword Masters towards us. [Zhan Long]’s remaining fifteen hundred Steel Blade Horsemen were all the cream of the crop. Over half of them were in possession of the Black Flame set. Furthermore, they had the support of the healers, which gave them enough of an advantage to not die while killing these Magic Sword Masters. 

I raised my sword and dashed to the shores, killing the Magic Sword Masters one by one. Afterwards, I used a ranged spell to aggro a Level 5 Hybrid Demon Giant onto the shores. Several Steel Blade Horsemen rushed over and killed the giant in a couple of slashes. Once they obtained enough achievement points, they went out to search for the next target.   ……