860

Chapter 860- Don't swallow bait from the enemy

I activated the [Icy Wings] effect and charged at the front. After killing a dozen NPCs, I noticed many red hot Dragon Crystal Cannons which were all in perfect condition. I shouted towards Han Yuan, "Han Yuan, Xiao Lie, bring your men to take these Dragon Crystal Cannons and Flame Dragon Cannons. Order the transport unit to send these cannons along with the main force and they will definitely be of some use. Also, take a look to see if there is anything wrong with them."

  Xiao Lie slashed off the head of a captain with a sword, fresh blood splashing all over his face as he laughed, "Don't worry General, leave this to me!"

  The Royal Army charged at the front and in the end these hundred heavy cannons became the spoils of war for them. The Fire Axe Army and Chang Feng Army didn't say anything. Xu Wei held his spear, his face was ugly and said toward Pearl, "Your Highness, the warriors all battle together so these cannons should be split equally, they all shouldn't be given to the Royal Army!"

  Pearl pressed on the sword handle, giving off might without showing any rage, "There is no need for General Xu Wei to say more. If you win this battle as Marshal you will obviously get first credit. So why bother about these few cannons?"

  Xu Wei gritted his teeth but joy flashed across his face. He understood the deep meaning in Pearl's words. She had already treated him as her own. Originally, the Fire Dragon Army was under Theodore and everyone knew how Theodore and Owen were on opposite sides. Xu Wei as the Fire Dragon General had a position that even I couldn't compare to. At this time, for Princess Pearl to say these recruiting words made him delighted, pretty much saving his life.

  He cupped his fists as he said solemnly, "I will be loyal to Your Highness till death, never to betray you!"

  Pearl pursed her lips, her eyes looking at the battlefield and saying calmly, "There is no need to be loyal to me, but Owen is the emperor. I led the troops because I hoped that the world will be unified soon and the people's lives won't be impacted too much."

  Xu Wei didn't seem to understand, "Your Highness, this..."

  I held my sword and walked forward, smiling, "To bring peace to the world and unifying the seven countries won't be so simple. There will be a lot of bloodshed and death."

  Pearl looked at me and smiled, "However, it is battle than years of battles, losses in tax, and hardship on lives. Some sacrifices are unavoidable and one day each of us will have to sacrifice something. As long as the world can enjoy a hundred years of peace, won't our deaths be worth it?"

  I placed the Dragon Reservoir Sword back into its sheath and said, "The Princess truly has the magnanimity of a great ruler."

  Pearl shushed me and said, "Li Xiao Yao, don't spout nonsense. If someone else hears this we will be in trouble again."

  Pearl seemed to have felt that after Owen took the throne he wasn't the same Owen anymore. He treated the throne as something that was more important than anything else, and anyone who threatened him could be killed. Even if Pearl was his sister, if she threatened him he would risk nothing and get rid of her, even I suspect... This trip to wasn't that simple as it looked...

  Thinking about that, I couldn't help but shake my head to try to chase out these random thoughts. The NPCs in the game weren't so simple anymore. How could someone deep within the plot get out so easily? Actually, the truth could be exactly the same as I thought.

  ...

  A few minutes later, [Punisher Army] collapsed. The millions of players around were wiped out by Tian Ling City and half of them fled to the south. Lin Wan Er held her dagger and floated over, a striking red cape blew in the wind. She smiled and looked at me, "Piggy, I think they've lost the will to defend.”